mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
WOW,

Sounds like you guys had a killer time! Wish that my schedule would have let me go! :(
But unit74 and I had a good time up in Oregon.

See all you guys at Carlsbad!

bundy

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Those are some great snap shots of the rides and Ken Meadows. I wish I could have been there. Wait, I was there!! I was hoping to get out on a ride with the crew but between being Dr. Booda, Paramedic Bob, and Riding Dad, I never had a chance to really head out for a ride of my own. Then to top it off the wife shows up Friday, so I needed to spend time with her. None the less it was a great time. Thursday ride up by Osa Meadows was great. That is one nice area, although I could have done without the slow 5 hour ride dragging my son along. Saturday, after spending time with the wife, I decided to head out with my teenage nephew and his friend for a good afternoon ride but disaster struct again when the friend damaged his water pump 3/4 of the way up Jackass and we ended up nursing his bike back to camp. By this time I figured the Motorcycle Gods just didnt want me to ride. So we packed it up and headed home. Next time save me a seat by the campfire, Ill be there. Even if theres a Blazing Saddles Showdown going on.

BTW: Was great meeting some of you this weekend.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Yeah, I had the Meadow all to myself. Just the way I like it. Chris & Kota were parked at the top. Kota came down every morning to say hello and other would wonder into my camp every once in a while.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds like a blast guys, wish I could have made it. Are we doing this Elsinore Grand Prix thing? Never done one so I might give it a try. Ocotillo in October would be nice too. Glad everyone made it back safe.:D

Elk

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I would love to get a group together to do the Elsinore Grand Prix... I will work with 89'r and get something going closer to the event.

But Elk... Do you think that you could leave the Cruck for that long of a time???? I mean you might be away from her for hours ..... :moon: :)
By the way we missed you in KM...

Who wants to take the lead for the October Ocotilla Ride?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ocotillo, I'd lead the pack to the staging area, from there we can decide what rides we want to go on.

Racer, as long as someone holds my hand, I'll be fine!:):)

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey dirtjunkie checkin in... aka waffle man!!! I'm gonna get a 4 burner next. The single cylinder just doesn't crank em out fast enough. Me & Kota (dog) had a great time. It was great seeing people I've met and meeting new ones too. Thanks to my good friend Tom (porkchop) Tate, I had trailer brakes going down 9 mile grade. That's sort of a comforting feeling yanno! :scream: Funny, I really didn't miss em going up the mountain. Also thanks to kiWi for taking me up there the first time 7 or 8 yrs. ago. I remember it like it was yesterday, about a 65 mi. loop, with a last 20 mi on a rear flat too damn tired to change it, out of water etc etc. man I miss those days :( )
Thanks to everybody for making it a great weekend!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Great pics ! Except you just had to get one of me looking "like a ghost" ! :scream:

KM was a great time. Thanks to everyone ... I met some new people (Scar's posse, Buddy and Firelily, Chris' son, Brian from Arizona !) and saw many familiar faces. The campfire get-togethers were a great way to wrap up each day and plan for the next. The eats were terrific ... especially Thumbsy's roast and Chris' waffles. I 'd also like to thank everyone for making Rhona feel so welcome. I really appreciated that.

The riding highlight for me was a 70-miler on Friday with Kiwi, Thumbs, Tree and Brian. I thought this would be a 3 or 4 hour ride but it turned into 7. I was shot when we returned to camp. I'll say it again ... woods riding is quite a bit more mentally draining than desert I think. You have to always be looking for the next obstacle ... the trails Kiwi showed us were beautiful. Rattlesnake Trail was a real highlight in particular.

We took the scenic route home at Porkchop's urging and it was amazing. We rode along the Kern river for a long time and the urge to take a dip finally got to us. We stopped and swam for awhile in the cool, clear river. Felt great. And there was a real good mexican joint along the way as well.

Thanks again .... and I may very well see some of you at the Tankslapper. Until next time ...

Top Bottom