Just another newbie (in Reno NV though ... little does he know)

slowman

Sep 18, 2005
:blah: Just wanted to say hey folks.

Am new to the site but like what I am seeing already :cool: And new to dual sport riding, having not done any since I was in my teens (30 years ago)...ouch. My main bike for the past few years has been a 2002 Kawasaki Concours...great dependable bike...just did a 7300+ ride in 2 weeks back in July and was still feeling good at the end if it.

Have been in Reno for a year now and could not stand not being able to check out all those dirt roads and trails so when I came across a slightly used 2003 Husqvarna TE610E with just 750km on it I grabbed it up. Great machine! :laugh: And maybe just a little too good for my off road skills...It has already taken me farther away from the main roads then I have any business doing on my own :yikes: ....couple close calls makes you realize quick to pack better and try to be prepared.

Not to carry on for too long...I'll be snooping around picking up pointers and probably asking some stupid questions :uh: ...but that is what makes a newbie a newbie.

Slowman
Reno, Nevada

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

You are in the hometown of one of our annual rides, so get ready to clean your living room for an influx of dirt riders in February. We get together Valentines Day weekend for three days of frolic at Moonrocks. We had to cancel last year because of snow, and if gas prices don't go completely nuts, there will be a good size group next year.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom