aintskeerd

Aug 19, 2004
I am new to forum and a new owner of a '01 KDX220 that I will pick up tomorrow.

I have been riding mtn bikes for years, and have an ATV (Prairrie 650) so I really enjoy dirt riding.

The ATV is fun, but I wanted more. Thanks to the great advice on this forum, I decided to get the 220 :yeehaw:

What I really wanted was a mountain bike that I did not have to pedal, I think I got it with the KDX due to it's light weight, handling and suspension, and power characteristics. It can also be hopped up cheap and easily, and is easy on the wallet to buy!

I plan to mostly woods ride and goof around on our farm; plan to take the time learning how to ride the bike and to get used to the boots and other safety gear.

This website is a great resource, and frankly made me decide to go with KDX vs XR400.

I live in Charlotte, let me know if anyone wants to ride!

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Congratulations!

Congratulations! I just a new KDX-220 myself on Monday and so I know exactly how you feel :)

I only wish that I lived somewhere where I could just jump on and ride! For me in the suburbs, the weekend seems years away...

I was SORELY tempted to just put the helmet on and put around on the street (I live in a court) but talked sense into myself and was content to just warm it up in the backyard... (Funny story about that incident as well that I will post shortly)

Again, have fun! and I agree with you wholeheartedly that this forum is the best one around for dirtbikes in general and KDX riders specifically...

I'm in California, but I have close relatives near Shelby... How much does it cost to airfreight 220 pounds? *laughing*

Have a good one!

Feanor

Top Bottom