Just installed a WER, have question

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I just install a WER on my 200. Since the frame neck has that large hole (2"ish), I ran the brace bolt through it instead of drilling the frame. The tube is pretty level w/ no binding. Every thing seems very solid.

Has anyone else mounted it this way?

Also, who has a sano number plate set up w/ the WER. I trimmed the bottom off my # plate, but I wish something looked a bit smoother.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Since that hole is so large I would think it would allow the small bolt to move around making the clamp not secure? I had to drill a hole behind that hole in the frame because that it where the clamp lined up (97 220).

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I ran mine thru the large hole for about a year and then drilled the correct hole. No real difference in performance, but now the WER sits more level and I like that. I don't think a bushing is going to work or is even needed because the bolt is pretty snug up against the front edge of the big hole.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Mark the number plate or headlight section you want to remove with a permanent marker. Be conservative and take less off then you might need to. It's hard to put it back :-) Take the plate/headlight off the bike and trim it with a rotary cutting tool (Dremel or similar) equipped with a grinding disc. Doesn't get any easier.

Top Bottom