crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Just moved to Jenks from Siloam Springs Ark, we always rode in Arkansas, now I am looking for someplace closer to ride, prefer trails and HS stuff not really into moto. Have heard a few things about keystone area, and camp gruber. If anyone can give me some info about where and when to ride or even who to go with it would be appreciated. Thanks. :blah:

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Hey alright, another okie!

There's Appalachia Bay out on Lake Keystone, I've never made it there, but I've heard from a couple people that it's fun.

Camp Gruber is probably an 1 1/2 drive from Jenks. I've been there a couple times, it's some pretty rocky trails.

I still put my money on the 500 here in Stillwater.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
AssistSuper said:
There's Appalachia Bay out on Lake Keystone, I've never made it there, but I've heard from a couple people that it's fun.

appalachia bay was always a "last resort" ride for me. the trails are not marked and it can get quite dangerous when crowded.

i recommend the 500 also.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
And for what it's worth, it's probably about the same distance for you to come to Stillwater than it would be to come to Gruber.

It takes me about an hour and a half to make it from my place to 61st and Yale. Only bad thing is the toll booths.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I've never been to Gruber but I have heard that it is good as long as you don't mind rocks. Being from Arkansas I doubt that scares you.

My opinion is that the 500 here in Stillwater is hard to beat. $25 for a yearly membership and 20+ miles of well marked trails. The Blue loop is about 6 miles and is for bikes and quads. The red trail is bikes only.

There are also some pretty good trails in Oklahoma City (I can't remember what they call it.) It's in the Lake Draper area. Little farther drive from Jenks but would be worth the drive if your in the mood for something different.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
rocks

I have heard rumors of trails at cooperland that are completely rockless :rotfl: sounds like an urban legend. Cooperland sounds great but everytime I pull up the site it just talks about motocross, how can i find out who to talk to about the trails. Thanks.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The only time the trails are ridden at Cooperland is during Dirt Week other than one or two times a year that they have races. But yeah, very few rocks. The 500 has rocks here and there but for the most part it is clay that is slick as snot after a big rain and dusty when it hasn't rained in the summer but when the moisture is just right it would be tough to find anything better.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Whats the name a that ledge at the end of the whoops that has kicked my hiney about four feet in the air the last two times I've run it?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Butch's Bronco Bustin Ball Breaker.

It's a large rock so it deserves a big name.

Chuck tried to reroute the whoops a few feet to the East of that hoping to get away from that sand stone before the last OCCRA race. I don't know how successful it was. I'm hoping to ride there this weekend. Right now I am waiting on Craig for the day.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Works for me. Now watch it rain 3 inches Saturday!

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I'm looking at riding Rush Springs. Jesse got a brand spankin new 06 CRF450 and he wants to moto. I plan on dusting of the ol 426 and chunkin a few rocks at him.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Have fun. I'll tell your rock you said "Hi!"

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Sunday at Cooperland

Do you guys mind if I tagged along on Sunday? It would be nice to go with some people who have been there before. Just let me know if its not a problem, as I will be by myself and the wife isn't crazy about me riding alone. Thanks.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i thought you guys might like to know that sooner state is now open every saturday and sunday for practice. 10:00-5:00, $10 each, no spectator fee, includes track and trails.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
crashnburn said:
Do you guys mind if I tagged along on Sunday? It would be nice to go with some people who have been there before. Just let me know if its not a problem, as I will be by myself and the wife isn't crazy about me riding alone. Thanks.

We are going to Stillwater Cycle Park (The 500) not Cooperland. You are more than welcome to join us. The easiest way to get there from Jenks is by taking highway 51 to Stillwater which turns into 6th street and going all the way through town. Look for the first stop light past the car dealerships. It is called County Club. Turn left (south) and go 3 miles to 56th street and turn right (west) and go 1 2/3 miles. You will see the sign on your left. We park up by the gate. (It has a combination lock) I drive a silver Dodge Ram. Let me know what you will be driving and I will keep a lookout for you. I'll bring a membership form for you. Derek

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'll be in a red Honda Passport pulling a 4x8 flatbed. My wife and daughter will be there to take a lap, or two.
Oh yeah, Bryan will be there, also.

Last edited:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
LMS update.
Chuck is pitting for Guy, after 2 laps Guy was in 11th place, overall.
This was off the Hillbilly GP message board. Someone at the LMS is periodically calling out to a guy who then posts to that message board.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Cycle park

I will be in a brown Dodge dakota, so around noon? And how much does it cost to ride there? Do I need spark arrestor?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yep, I'm shooting for noon. See you there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hope you guys had fun. I'll be back in the saddle in a week if my pipe comes in.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Swift, you better have a better reason for not showing up, than your bike was down! You always got your choice between the KDX and the KTM.
It was hard, dry, slick and dusty, but everyone I saw was grinning!
Bryan was there, first. Derek pulled in right ahead of us. Crashnburn got there during the short warm-up loops. All in all, a good day to ride.

Top Bottom