Moving near Chicago, have questions ....

Glenn Stout

Sep 25, 2006
Im from Chicago, but currently live in Tucson, Az for the last 20 years. Im thinking about moving closer to home, probably around Dekalb since I have family in that area and cannot stand the city. Im curious how the track and trail riding is around there. I also play hockey if anyone has info on that as well?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members.

I'm going to retitle this to hopefully get you some answers.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Welcome... Dekalb is a good spot for riding, heck anywhere in IL is pretty decent. There are tons of race tracks in IL in the Dekalb area - Byron, Mt. Carroll, Mendota, Pecatonica, Walnut, Joliet, Muddy Waters, Coal Valley, etc. There's even an indoor MX place just outside of Dekalb in Waterman. Trails are a little more limited, but there are some offroad parks in the area too, two big ones just south of Dekalb 30 miles in/around Ottawa, plus lots of hare scramble races in the area if that's your thing. The riding season is usually 9-10 months, really just a little downtime Dec-Feb if the ground freezes pretty good, which some years it doesn't. And I just joined a women's hockey team, and our first game is next week, and there seems to be a good share of rinks and teams just outside of Chicago too. Didn't know hockey was big around AZ. Bring your long johns!

Top Bottom