Just need to share this non-bike story

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
My younger sister turned 40 on Saturday. Guess how she decided to spend it????? She ran the Boston Marathon this morning. Very impressive!
Her goal was to break the five hour barrier and she finished in 4 hours, 48 minutes and 25 seconds! I was able to keep track of her progress on line. I was not there, but I felt like it.
Very proud of my little sister!!! :cool:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
That is really cool Mike! What a great goal to set for her 40th. Im sure the whole family is very proud of her. :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I saw the Boston on the TV at the restaurant today while having dinner with my wife and I thought of your sister and wondered how she did. She did really well, good for her.
FT

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
That is cool!!!! I bet everyone is proud of her.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Very cool......it's good to hear that she did well. And, she got to run with Lance! :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Very cool. Makes my little 3 mile run tonight pale in comparison. I cant even imagine running the Boston. Incredible

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
That is great Mike.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
We are all very proud of her. She took this goal on after my wife died, as a mission, if you will, and as an example to her four kids (and dad and bro', etc.)

She ran for a charity called Lazarus House.

Proud Papa

May 10, 2007
yea i was at boston this year w/ my family cuz my dad ran it. he beat lance w/ a time of 2:46:06 (i think it was 06 it might have been higher) the weather was great for running and spectating. definately a good boston.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…