Just rode my CRF450R with my Yoshimura

polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
Just replaced my stock muffler with the Yoshimura Comp slip-on. The fit was perfect (it should be at $330.00 from my local honda dealer) The funny thing is it came with instructions and a dyno sheet! There really wasn't much of a difference in torque and hp (maybe 1 each) per the sheet. Since I gained a spark arrestor and didn't lose anything, I was satisfied. The stock honda exhaust is really one of the best stock mufflers built, but you need an arrestor. Sound wise it is a bit loud (just might buy that quiet-core from Yoshimura and probalby lose that 1hp/1torque gain). It is Louder than my brothers CRF450r Pro-Circuit slip-on (but the fit is much better on the Yoshimura). The Pro-Circuit pushes his number plate out FAR. With the Yosh, the bike seems to have a bit more low-end, but that might be in my head!

Also, Honda did NOT put the transmission drip plug too low. I checked it by measuring the oil before putting it in, it is right on the money. The crankcase sight glass is also in the right position.
Did you really think HONDA would screw up this bad?

These sick rumors were probably started by the HODAKA Wombat design team.

crf450

Nov 20, 2001
Do you have any info on the Tri-Oval titanium , is it any louder???? and can the spark arrester fit inside the Tri Oval slip on ???? .....I will need a spark arrester for the Aligator Enduro or can I just insert some fine screen mesh in the end cap ??? Has anyone ever failed the tech inspection at the Aligator Enduro ?????.......Any info would be greatly appreciated....

polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
yoshimura

Sorry I don't know much about the tri-oval titanium. It looks like a real sideplate burner. The extra $130 bucks was not the deciding factor for the comp slip-on compared to the tri-oval slip-on. I perfer stainless, it last a bit longer and it won't get brittle like titanium. Also the titanium slip-on only saves a few ounces more than the stainless and the stainless looks much better!

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom