Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sweet looking CRF. Who did the graphics? Very nice work.

The only pic I could get to was the first one. The rest lead to a page prompting for a password for Sly69. Log out, then try to get to the pages you want us to view. Use that URL instead.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
greenville is one of my favorites. I was having fun last year untill that light mist started. Plus, I made a bad tire choice the day before.

my favorite enduro last year was the national in Marquette, MI.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Boy you can tell people are itching to ride. Well the loose moose is the best enduro again this year because we are putting up over 4000.00 in cash purse. Aside from that I never been to a bad enduro. My hats off to any that put one on! anyhow 1. marquette Mi 2. Grand rapids MN 3. pearson Wi. 4. goshan In. 5. Upland in. 6 Wolverine Mi. 7. Harrison mi. 8. Jackpine MI. 9.Mora Mn. 10. Anywhere in da UP. see you there

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I agree with Zambon, my hats off to any clubs that put on an enduro. Maybe that should be the next thread, How Many people help put on an Enduro?

Nick, you coming down to Byron this year? How about you Mowboy? Hopefully it will thaw out my the end of the month!

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
Best Enduros

I guess my old age is starting to show because I am going to list some Enduros that are no longer running............
1. Greenhorn Enduro - used to start in Pasadena, CA and run to Ridgecrest, CA on Saturday then turn around and run the other way the next day. I never rode this, but it sparked my interest as a young kid when we rode the course with the riders when I lived in Ridgecrest.
2. Perry Mtn at Maplesville, AL. If you look up the word "Enduro" in the dictionary, they show a picture of this place.
3. High Mtn Enduro - used to be put on by the Cal Poly Penguins. I was in the club for 5 years (OK, so it took me a while to get my degree). We had a great trail and it was a National for a year or two. When the Enduro was young (in the 40s and 50s) it started on the Cal Poly San Luis Obispo campus, went to the beach, then out to the mountains.
4. Acadiana - Love this place; I like any Enduro in LA.
Other Enduros I like: Rockford - tough but fun. The old "Crack-O-Dawn" Enduro in CA. Jackhammer Enduro in CA.

Enduro that I think are over-rated:
1. Alligator - no cut trails where you cannot see any dirt. Some good trails there, but way over-rated.
2. Cherokee - not run exceptionally well and not set up for rain (which happens often).

RAD DAD

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
fly'nryan hope to come down but the only way I'll be able to is if you pospon it to the following weekend. Because I have to work the weekend of the 28th. So Iam watching the weather.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
The Upland race was sweet (muddobbers?) Anyway, I liked it because of the river crossings and the huge river banks. I loved it.

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I agree that Alligator is way over rated. They wouldn't have 500 riders if it wasn't during bike week. In fact, I've heard from a few that they woudn't even have a SETRA sanction if it weren't such a tradition.

I've heard of the LIttle Harpeth, but never had a chance to race there. I was too young.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
upland is usually good, old muddobber got a little crazy with the river crossings last year though. 1st time in 10 years of enduros that I ever drowned a bike. I saw a lot of others sitting along the bank with me too.

I did get the bike going again and even finished the race after houring out, that is how much fun the trail is.

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
How about a list with some coast to coast flavor - not one specifically located in one region?

Top 10 (in no particular order):
-Deleware State Enduro
-Sawmill Enduro (The old L-P lease area, N Cal)
-Drummond Island, Michigan
-Block & Tackle Enduro, Colorado
-Mt Baker Enduro, Washington
-Cajun Classic, Louisiana
-Idaho 100 (Qualifier)
-Rhode Island Enduro
-Stumpjumper, Michigan
-Boondockers 2-day, Texas
and off the list - Boot Hill Enduro, Colorado - because my club promotes it.

Some of these events don't exist any more, but if you EVER get a chance to ride one, do it before it disappears, too.

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
Got to put a plug in for the 2-day Corduroy Enduro in Ontario, which celebrated it's 50th anniversary last year. Great trail and exceptional beer.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
Lucas: I think we are going to have some Night rides in preparation for the 24 hour. you ought to drive up and ride with us.

will

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Oh yeah, how could I forget the Night Owl Enduro (NCWR, D. 36, Foresthill). Key time of about 9:30. That's PM. Darkness and dust.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Sandlapper in Pelion SC gets my vote. 20-30 miles of new trails every year! Plus the old trails never get whooped out, because they are rotated so much and there is no riding on them during the year.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Favorite Enduros:
Tough call, I love just about every enduro that isn't rocky... Here's my favorites.

1. Sandy Lane Enduro, MMC - Greenbank, NJ...71 years and still going!
2. Alligator Enduro, DDR - Daytona, FL...I love swamps and mud!
3. Curly Fern Enduro, SJER - Indian Mills, NJ...Last year was soo muddy, it was great!
4. Moonshine Enduro, VFTR - Brandonville, PA...Rained slicked rocks, technical 'n fun.
5. Blue Stone 300, RRMC - Southern NY...The grass tracks sucked, but the hills are
the best!
6. Sandlapper Enduro - Pelion, SC...The new growth forest trails are really cool!
7. Delaware Enduro, DER - Delaware City, DE...Usually very muddy, good stuff.
8. Green Marble Enduro, GMER - Mayo, MD...Tough as nails when wet, but still neat.
9. Rattlesnake Enduro, BER - Cross Forks, PA...Some of the nicest trails in PA.
10. ISDE, Brazil...I didn't have much luck at all, but the views I'll never forget!

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Thanks guys I can't believe DE National only got 2 mentions! I love about every enduro in the ecea. The only other place I've traveled to was Sandlapper. If that run was in the ecea it would be the best run of the year every year.

Mark

Top Bottom