Kawa parts dealer or supplier(oem)

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Everyone knows the story,outrageous prices for oem part's at the dealers and nothing in stock as simple as a piston.Don't forget too ,they can't even get the order right.I freshened up the top end for my nephew for my 00 kx 250 he will be riding this.To make this short, where I purchased my 03 kx250 from, it was a very pleasant experience I also get 15% off all part's.Example piston 63.00 instead of 80.00 at other dealers.I mail order because they are 2 hrs away,they shipped me the optional head gasket which is thicker.46 I specifically read out the part# for the .26 I know this was a only a mistake on their behalf,but come on, I read out the part #'s.So this young punk told me you can still use this,real cocky. I came back and told him I do not wan't to use the thicker gasket it will drop my compression,I get ah ah ah so anyway I shipped it back.I get really good prices for my part's,but the service really suck's and they do not have a good oem inventory .I really miss having a cr, I used manchester honda in ct for my part's they have a great inventory I never had a problem with them. I also hear service honda is excellent also.I have been going through this ordeal with kawa part's since 98 when I switched over.They all suck! I might be trading my 03 kx 250 for bigred.You think I wont do it ? LOL :flame:

Last edited:

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
I have the same problem in Saskatoon. The Yamaha/Kawi dealer has provided terrible service to me. They had two snot-nosed kids behind the counter that have NO idea what their doing. They might be gone now, I haven't been in that building for over a year. I do all the wrenching on my buddies bike. He used to own a Yamaha, thank God he sold it. I used to have a Yamaha snowmobile, but I sold it for the same reason. The Honda shop is great, that's one of the reasons I ride red.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
When I had my CR I used Service Honda often. Price AND Service. :thumb:

The parts manager at my local shop just left for a new venture (not dirt bike related). Good service left with him. :(

I want to find a place like Service Honda for Kawasaki parts. I've heard this place is good but I haven't tried them yet. http://www.honda-kawasaki.com/

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by bscottr
When I had my CR I used Service Honda often. Price AND Service. :thumb:

The parts manager at my local shop just left for a new venture (not dirt bike related). Good service left with him. :(

I want to find a place like Service Honda for Kawasaki parts. I've heard this place is good but I haven't tried them yet. http://www.honda-kawasaki.com/

I emailed them for a quote in the morning,I did not get a response yet.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by bscottr
We still may be looking for a good place then. :(

Thanks Keith...keep me posted.

Scott I did alot of calling this might be the place www.allpromotorsports.com They are located in WV

I ordered left side radiator 160.00 (RETAIL 187.00) Would you believe they had it in stock.

piston 60.00 (RETAIL FROM 73.00-80.00) they just got rid of their last one(I will let that slide) I ordered rings and a few other things which was in stock. I will get back to see how my order made out.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I've used Treasure coast several times and never had a problem. Their quotes are uaully within a day or 2 and ALWAYS less. The thing is , it usually takes about 2 weeks to get the order because they order it and then ship out. Still easier than going to the local dealer and waiting the same amount of time.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Its not my business I'm 'spamming' for. It just so happens the shop I work at happens to be dirt orientated and actually keeps parts in stock! Imagine that, a shop that doesn't have to order everything including that $.50 side panel bolt! What a concept!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Lissa
Its not my business I'm 'spamming' for. It just so happens the shop I work at happens to be dirt orientated and actually keeps parts in stock!

Slice it any way you like it's still SPAM and it isn't allowed, sorry.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by bigred455
..... Would you believe they had it in stock.
I will get back to see how my order made out.
In stock? I agree with Lissa, that is a heck of a concept. Let me know how the service part goes.

Originally posted by KXTodd
Their quotes are uaully within a day or 2 and ALWAYS less. The thing is , it usually takes about 2 weeks to get the order because they order it and then ship out.
Maybe Keith will post a price comparison when they send the quote. The two week turn around is a little long.....but you're right, it's the same as many dealers. Thanks for the feedback on them.

Thing is with Service Honda they offer 25-30% off, parts diagrams on-line, super friendly phone service and a turn around typically less than a week. Now that's a business model worth repeating. :thumb:

Lissa....its a little harder position when you are either in or closely tied to the industry to get that "plug" in. Don't take it personally; Rich has to keep the playing field as level as possible to be fair to the “paying” advertisers. Having said that, you’ve been involved with DRN for a while and can see its value. What’s the chance of getting your dealer involved with DRN? :thumb:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I finally received the price quotes from Treasure. I do not want to give the prices compared to allpromotorsports,I do not think it would be professional.I do not wan't to start a competiton between dealers. Treasure was cheaper if you want the price difference e-mail me . Both of the company's were way cheaper than local .The only thing I do not like about treasure is you have to order on line I like to call my part's in.It took 2 days for the reply that is too long for me,plus I would like the part's in stock.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Keith you might want to try to get set up with MT HOLLY KAW ask for Steve Lewis he really knows his parts and goes to the races with a van full of parts No BS there . Hes the kind of guy that if its time to go home and hes walking out the door and the phone rings He'll switch back on the light and take your call . They have most common parts in stock usually also .

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by DEANSFASTWAY
Keith you might want to try to get set up with MT HOLLY KAW ask for Steve Lewis he really knows his parts and goes to the races with a van full of parts No BS there . Hes the kind of guy that if its time to go home and hes walking out the door and the phone rings He'll switch back on the light and take your call . They have most common parts in stock usually also .

Dean yes, they do have a very good inventory of oem kawa and zook parts.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom