Pimpinpresto

Apr 23, 2006
Hey Im 15 nd ride a crf 230. ive been riding it for bout a year but im to big for it now. Its a great reliable bike but doesnt hav very good suspension nd is very heavy. Great woods/trail bike but not to hot in the dessert through the whoops. I hav done some reaserch and really think the KDX 200 or 220 would be perfect for me. I just need a little more info on them. Wut would be better the 200 or 220?I ride mountain trails, a little bit of track nd mostly Open Dessert. I love doing technical rides though nd need a bike capable of doing this. Im 15, 140 pounds nd im 5.8. Thank you much.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The KDX220 makes more low end, the 200 makes more up top. Personally I'd go with the 200. One thing though is the suspension on the KDX isn't that much greater than your 230F. It's still soft and wallowy and will need stiffer springs/revalve for desert whoops. If you don't mind a little more maintenance, the KTM200EXC (now called XC-W) and GasGas EC200 are awesome bikes. I got my Gasser last season after spending 3 seasons on a Honda XR200R and absolutely love my GG. It is one of the best woods bikes out there.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
The 220 has no top end. you won't be happy in the open desert. 220 is made for tight, muddy, rocky, new england junk.
Stiffer springs availible for under 100 bucks but at 145 lbs you may not need them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom