RECENT POSTS

KDX 220 / KX 125 Differences?

A buddy of mine is looking at these two bikes. What are the major differences? Would the KX be a better bike for a beginner who admittedly has NO balance whatsoever? Talking to a friend of mine and he says they are both similiar power wise. That doesnt make much sense to me. He would be riding it in wooded trails, sand pits and road shoulders mostly.

Would $2500CDN be a decent price for a 02 kX125 in mint condition?

Thanks for your help again guys.(and gals)

The KX125 has a much narrower powerband, meaning all the power is delivered in a short RPM range.

The KDX is a much better beginner bike.

The KX is a MX bike, the KDX is a trail bike.
As mentioned, the KDX is a better beginner's bike.

id go with the KX. i dont know what the difference between US and CDN $$$ is but i think thats a little steep for that bike.

you're getting a hell of a deal canadian for the KX. i dont know about where you are in canada but here that would go for almost a grand more.

MonsterJay said:
a better bike for a beginner who admittedly has NO balance whatsoever?
:whoa: Schwinn maybe? ;)
KDX for sure.

maybe not steep for CDN but here i guess it is because you can get an '04 for that

You do not get bored with the KDX. I believe it has as much, if not more power than the KX. The powerband is just broader. There are so many mods for that bike if you do get bored, e.g., new exhaust system.