bozzwoldo

Jan 16, 2005
Sorry if this is repeated but my computer just went beserk!!!!!

I have just bought a 1991 KDX250D1 and have a few questions regarding it. I will be ordering a Kawasaki manual but in the meantime....

I previously had a 250SR which I had to rebuild and sold it as soon as I could - very dissapointed with it.

I then bought and still have a 87 KDX200C1 -which I rebuilt with a Weisco piston and it is a brilliant fun bike, but I wanted to have slightly more modern suspension and a little more go!

Hence the 250D1. Now the questions:
1. Does it have an additional powervalve to the two valves in the SR?
2. I have'nt took the carb off but it is a flat slide. What size should it be? I presume the UK model and the US model would have the same spec?
3.I note on the forum that there is a lot of discussion as to the carburation on the D1 - D5 models of 250. Is the carburation a common problem?
4.Also I note some discussion with regards to the engine taking some time to get up to full operational/performance temperature.
5.The guy who I purchased it from stated he has had the barrel replated and there is a Weisco piston in it. He also stated the powervalves were working correctly. I will probably drop the exhaust to confirm, but if anyone can clarify the above I would be very grateful.
6. Lastly,(and then I'll leave you in peace) the seat cover(blue) is ripped. I note from the forum that some owners have fitted KX500 seat covers. Will one of these fit.

Thanks for your help

Bozzwoldo. :nener:

Top Bottom