saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
gday guys. i have a 99 kdx200 and need a new left hand side crank case. (magneto side) as i broke mine.

i have since bought a whole new bottom end from america (im in australia) and found the left hand side crank case to be different. what a waste of money. haha. is this common and how do i get around it.

regards alex

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Is yours an SR or something? Oil injected? What's the difference?

Generally speaking, case halves should be bought in matched pairs. How about just using the whole bottom end you bought and put your top end on it? Throw some crank bearings at it and slap it together!

saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
i was going to but the wiring out of the stator is different. a lot more wires to run lights/blinkers ect. and you cant swap stators over because the actual left case is different (where the stator sits) .

the one from america has three wires out of the bottom end and mine has one wire plus 2 plugs with around 6 wires into the plugs.

any ideas. how can i get around this??

cheers alex

saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
yeah i realise that now. i honestly didnt think that they would be different. where can i get the "aussie" case from?? can you still buy them?

cheers alex

saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
thanks guys ill look at the dirtbike world aus forum see if i can find anything on there. and yeah i talked to my local bike guy about fixing the casing but he said it is too badly damaged on the inside as well and has contorted one of the bearing grooves. thanks for your suggestions though

alex

saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
yeah they are haha. silly me hey. ok ive decided to scrap all the lights and everything because i dont use it on the road. its only a bush basher. so what will i have to buy from america to change the elec system over? im thinking a cdi box, coil, ...... anything else??

cheers alex

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
CDI and coil should get you running I'd think. That's all I have on my 89. The VR for the lights was gone when I got it. The wiring is super simple.

saab900aero

Jun 20, 2009
yeah thats what i thought, i looked at a couple of wiring diagrams and even wiring up the light with a voltage reg looks easy. plus a few guys on the bay are selling complete looms. may be easy to do it that way.

alex

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom