TAGJR

Apr 5, 2004
I recently bought a 97 KDX 220. The guy had it sitting for about a year. I did some prep work to it pior to taking my first ride. When I did ride it the throttle stuck about 3 times. I went back and pulled the carb to check for dirt or gumming. I found some dirt in the bowl plug. I cleaned the carb real well and hit the trails, again the throttle stuck twice. Sorry if this is an old subject, but any suggestions? :debil:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Moved to correct forum.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If the cable is getting frayed, it can stick. A new throttle cable is cheap - should be about $15 -$20 or so. Make sure the cable is routed correctly, too.

levert

Jan 29, 2002
Above advice is good.
Buy a cable luber $10 they are a must, I have also found the real expensive single purpose cable lube solution of great value.This lube performs way better than a WD40, it is designed only for cables.
Make sure when you attach your throttle sleeve it is not butted right up on the end of the bars, allow a few millimeters so it doesn't hang up.Also try your throttle at full steering tilt to make sure it doesn't pull or bind.Nothing worse than turning your bars and having instant throttle.

Oh yeah take the top of the carb off when lubing so you don't shoot crap into your carb, Yes I have seen someone do this.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom