mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I have a fully loaded 03 KDX200 now, that I'm very pleased with, but just sold a street bike, and the surplus $$$ is killing me.

I can get a 04 200EXC out the door at $5300. If this has the same nature as my KDX, (but more of it) I think I'll be happy. How's the luggability compare beteen these two 200s?

The 05 250EXC would cost me quiet a bit more, but would be cheaper in the long run than modding the 200EXC. If thew 250 has much more "friendly" low end roll on, then maybe I should look into that option.

I ride some of the nastiest solid rock-root-mud & tight stuff around, so I need somewhat of a tractor. I'm a C-class speed woods man.

Thanks for the input.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Greg, you're looking to unload the KDX huh?

I asked a KTM mechanic last week about which bike I should consider upgrading to...200EXC, 250EXC, or 300EXC. With no hesitation he immediately said the 200. When I asked him why, he said that the tight wooded areas we have in NC lend themselves to the power delivery of the 200. He thought the added power of the other bikes would rarely be used in our riding areas, so the 200 would be the way to go in NC, probably in TN too.

Of course, I noticed that they had a 200EXC on their floor and not a 250EXC or 300EXC...not sure if that steered his comments or not. He did seem pretty sure of his response though.

While he may be right, it seems hard to justify all that added expense for a bike with the same displacement as what you (I) already have...whichever one you choose, good luck finding one, and post a ride report as soon as you can!

Scrubber

Oct 27, 2004
Where do you do your riding in North Carolina? Just moved here from Alaska and having a hard time finding many places, or any at all!

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
I have a 250 exc 4stroke and love it alot.Its an 03 but I got it for 4500 out the door.Also the 4stroke seems a little small some times but for $600 the dealer will put in a 350 kit.I think you wont go wrong with any ktm but than agian our riding here on the west coast is a little different than what you got over their.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Scrubber, places to trail ride in NC are tough to find. Generally speaking, you have a handful of public parks (Brown Mtn, Uwharrie, Upper Tellico), "motorsports parks" that offer trails (Brushy Mtn, and I think there is a new NC Motorsports part out east that offers trails), and private land.

Go to ncdirtrider.com and click on their "Tracks" link, you'll find most of the available spots there.

My trail riding has been limited to either Brushy Mtn or TNT in SC. There may be more places out east...I'm just not familiar with that. I keep hoping to find a new place to ride but so far, no luck.

Top Bottom