ezandeve

Jan 10, 2004
Hi there all..here it goes....(keep in mind that im 180lb and 6,1)
I have a 98KDX and am starting to look at something a bit more aggressive as I'm thinking about doing mx.
1. With the Kdx I dont spend much time lugging the bike around exept when riding on the road as all my riding (forrestry breaks/roads) is within 10km...When there, I dont use low end much...more wot, but it does help to have a little there in case of a tight spot
2. I'm one of these guys that like spending more time polishing,maintaining,replacing with stainless bolts etc. than actual riding so the cr's alloy frame really appeals to me as I hate seeing worn paint or rust..ahhh, and also just because its a honda (all my bike have been except.. )
3. I dont really need more power (exept when flying up hills etc with someone on the back) and am quite contempt with the kdx's output...just not lively enough.
I mainly just want to improve my riding tecnique etc but ok...a little more power wouldnt go astray
4. I dont want anything that feels shorter to sit on than the kdx, thats why I mentioned yz(125) as it has a good height
5. So....please help, cr125,250 or yz125 (only because of the better low end i have read about)
Thankyou

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
I ride a KDX 200 pretty hard, but I have to say, if I was moving for 'more' it would be a 250 MX bike or a KTM exc... I can litteraly dust 'most' riders on a 125 with my KDX. I am considerably faster on trails with my KDX than I am on a MX 125.

Sounds like you need one of the 250's to me (or a KTM exc or mxc)... or mod out that KDX, there is LOTS of untapped power in a stock KDX 200. That would be cheaper, and might end up being more of what you want.

Good luck.... (and if you get a MX 250, be carefull until you know the thing, it is quite different than the KDX!)

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
true true.. I sometimes forget those bikes because you see so little of them here in the US.

If you live in the US, the KTM's, GasGas and TM's can get pretty pricey pretty quickly. But no matter how you slice it, they are great bikes (I wish Jap companies would take the hint!!)

Top Bottom