bozzwoldo

Jan 16, 2005
Hi,

Just become the happy owner again of a KDX200. Currently got a Gasgas EC300, but wanted to have another KDX cos this was the first trail bike I ever had.
It's a 1997 KDX200H3, US import. It's totally standard.
Do any of you know if a Doma exhaust for a 2002 KDX220 would fit? I think the exhaust for the 200 and 220 is the same nd will inter change? Has anyone fitted a doma to a 200 before and what were the results?

Also when I get a different front pipe and silencer(FMF Gnarly or the Doma) is it worth removing the air scoop on the top of the airbox and do you need to alter jetting?

Lastly, do racing reeds make a difference.

I will be using the bike to ride trails in the UK, rocks, rock steps, through river crossings,moorland and routes through woods and forests, so am after improving low to midrange power.

nick220kdx

Feb 17, 2008
Hi,I have a KDX220, but did have a 200 until feb. I put the FMF pipe of the 200 on the 220, so it will be possible to go the other way. On the 200 I ran it for 9years with FMF and standard jetting and the air box lid opened up.
I'm in Northants

Kaleel

May 6, 2008
First off, You have the perfect bike in the KDX for your stated purpose.

Second, after market reeds do make a difference in power. I've run Boyesen reeds in my old '84 KDX and my current 2001 KDX and have been happy with them.

Third, pipes for the 220 and 200 are interchangeable.

You've got a great bike enjoy...

Mike

Top Bottom