thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Need one more bike?

I might be able to get my hands on a 00' xr100 if anyone needs a bike. However it will depend on the mood of my ex-girlfriend:eek: and weather or not I have room in the truck.

Let me know and I will see if I can get it without her giving me too much grief.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
That's very generous of you Tony. Brian's wife (I feel horrible I can't remember her name!) is my height, 5'10". A xr100 will most likely be a bit small for her but who knows having something for her to play around on may be better than nothing. :)
Oh dakayla........ where are you......... jump in here anytime...... ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
A xr100 will most likely be a bit small for her but who knows having something for her to play around on may be better than nothing. :)

If its not sold yet, I could bring my XR600 if she'd like something a little bigger:p Also there is a place here in Irvine that rents bikes. Thumbs has the info they had 2 and 4 strokes of all sizes. and I thought they were pretty reasonable.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
GSR - If I remember correctly Dakayla's wife was 5' 7"... An XR 100 might be right up her alley for rideability and fun. And yes - Fish creek has paved parking spurs, water and restrooms.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Sorry mon ami, Brian told me she was 5'10. I remember because I said "hey, that's the same height as me." :)

Guess I need to pick up that refill for your meds on the way home. :p

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
7 days and counting.......

Can't wait to get out of here. I will be leaving early Friday morning and not to sure who will I will be dragging with me. It seems that 2 of my buddies that were "definitely in" are now on the fence.

I (tent trash Tony) will be camping at Fish Creek. Does anyone have a link or a phone# that I can call for information .....( reservations, accommodations, ect.) I will try to save some spots for those that need. Just let me know.

KTMster - sorry but the xr100 is out (unless hell freezes over or whatever it was that she said)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
nod and smile:)
Wise man. ;)

WOW! At least 47 attendees so far! This is gonna be a blast! I think this is already bigger than the Big Bear ride. Really looking forward to this. Did I mention I LOVE Kennedy Meadows? ;)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Lookin forward to the trip also, does that general store near campgrounds have important items like: ice, beverages, steaks? Why did they name the area after those left wingers anyway.;)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
You guys are killing me! I hate missing these rides! Are you quite certain you wouldn't rather cancel the trip and help me move instead?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Really lookin' forward to this - especially with all the women attending !!! :p

Plus, I just got a new bike and this will be my 2nd ride on it - the wait is just killin' me.

1999 Husqvarna WR125 ! ... it's gonna take some adjustment for me to ride this little wild pony.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
**FREMONTGUY**

FREMONTYGUY - I believe the General Store has the staple - Ice, Beer, hot dogs etc but I dont think you'll find a steak there. Its pretty basic, more or less like a 7-11 with a few extra camping/fishing items.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Early Arrival!!!

It looks like I am going to be arriving at Kennedy Meadows sometime Thursday - Probably around 4:00 pm. I will be doing lots of running around - gathering firewood, attempting to save campspots etc. If anyone else gets there early look for a silver 2000 Toyota Tundra. Probably be looking for someone to ride wth Friday *****

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'll be headed down to Fish Creek also on Thurs. Be sporting a green Silverado, Xr400, and beaten up coleman tent.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Add one more......

to the Thursday arrival list. I should arrive around 6ish.

Scar just walked into my office, he might go with.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
You guys are killing me! I hate missing these rides! Are you quite certain you wouldn't rather cancel the trip and help me move instead?

Cancel the move and join us in the ride. :p

LT, Terry what are your plans. Are you heading up Sat., Fri., Thurs. I was just thinking about carpooling or caravaning. The Thurs. crew sounds kinda good to me.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
We've got the trailer hooked up & loaded--we're not excited at all......HA HA HA! We can't wait. We are hoping to be out of Dodge here by 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday afternoon which will land us there around 7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Friday night.

C-ya all out there! :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Scar. Planning on coming up on Saturday morning early. Have to go to a funeral on Friday and have plans for Sunday. Coming up with Mastersandblaster and our friend Jim. LT says he is going camping with his family.

Kiwi. Very sorry that you will not be there. Was really looking forward to riding with you.

Ol'

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Truck is loaded and I'm ready to go. I'll be leaving Orange County about noon and plan on arriving at Kennedy Meadows no later than 4ish. If anyone needs me to save them a camp site let me know. Just call me on my cell (714-863-1660)

See ya in the dirt:)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Tony, TTRGuy will already be there. He left about 8:30 this morning. Look for cardboard signs that say DRN. One of them has your name on it. :) See you tomorrow!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
:( Well looks like Ol'89r isn't going to make it. Had a few things come up. Didn't get all of the parts for the XR, blah, blah, excuses, excuses! (Add whiney little tear stained smiley face here.)

But, in my stead, I'm sending DRN members Mastersandblaster and Jim Mo 67 to do battle with you guys.

Have fun and we will be anxiously awaiting a ride report.

Ol'89r

Last edited:
Top Bottom