the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Another great 4th of July weekend at Kennedy Meadows, though there were quite a few regulars whose presence was missed. In attendance this year were Mr. Luckey (welcome back), KelsoRat, Kav, Kiwi, HoleShot, PlaceLast, 2strok4Fun, and Scar Tissue. Most came out without their significant others this year, myself included.

I arrived early on Friday morning and Mr. L and Kelso had already staked out several choice camping spots at Fish Creek. The weather was just awesome at that altitude ... it was in the low 80s in the heat of the afternoon. And it didn't get too cold at night either. Of course the scenery and fresh air are immediately noticeable when you reach KM. That's a big part of the appeal. It's kinda like going on a nature retreat - with dirtbikes.

I brought the little Husky to KM this year and it absolutely kicked a$% in the tight. A great little woods motor and the suspension was great. I had just taken the forks to ESP and they did a nice job.

I got settled in after arriving and spent some time catching up with Mr. Luckey. He seems glad to be back in So Cal and I know we're all happy to have hime back. This despite his mishap in the Piutes - hopefully he'll post a ride report on that unfortunate death march. Eddie - you definitely need to join Training Wheels and come out for our club enduros. You'll totally dig it. Plus the District 37 series is great, too. This is the heart of desert racing in the States.

After chewing the fat with Eddie, Kelso and I headed out for a ride around 11 AM. Good times. We put in 60 miles riding the trails in the northern part of KM. A few trails were closed, but we had a great time riding the single track. We stopped to check out the Osa dunes, and also rode up to Monache Meadows. At Monache, Kelso got stuck in a big flowing mud rut that provided some entertainment. It took us awhile to figure out how to get his bike unstuck. It was so stuck that we stood it up straight on its rear wheel and it just stood there. This one rut completely drenched us and our bikes in mud. Good times. We got lost a few times but eventually made our way back to camp. Kelso was FLOWIN' on the ride back on Jackass Trail and it was fun trying to keep up with him. Blackrock Mountain trail was also a good one.

When we got back to camp PlaceLast had arrived with his son, Nate, as had 2SFF. Turns out John's truck had died and they had to ride ack down to camp to get some jumper cables and go back to his truck. They got it back to camp but PL had to go to Ridgecrest to get a new battery.

We spent the early evening eating some awesome tri-tip that Eddie cooked up, and also listened to Kav stories and checked out his cool SDG mini.

Saturday morning I left for a ride at 8 AM with HoleShot. We put in about 40 miles. Highlights included a really technical uphill trail - I think it was Rattlesnake. There were alot of water crossings and the woods were in full bloom. Beautiful. At another point 'Shot got a rock stuck in his chain and front sprocket and was stranded for about 30 minutes before we finally got it out. Weird deal.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I was a little wishy-washy on my decision to come up to K.M., because I didn’t feel quite normal, but July 4 weekend only comes around once year, so I thought I’d give it a go.

I arrived in the afternoon on Friday, with plenty of time for an uneventful ride up Jackass. Later that evening, I had the chance to sample MrLucky’s Tri Tip and beans, which had a lot more flavor than the “non-cooking” food that I brought. Without people like him, some guys would starve. I met up with a few DRN’rs that I hadn’t met before, and they all seemed like the level headed, reasonable type ;) . Later in the evening, I had memories of the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles.

While everyone else was sucking back Barley Pops, I was was trying to look cool while sipping on a can of Slim-Fast. It wasn’t easy.

The next morning, I headed out with Eel for a “quick” trail ride (yeah sure :nod: ). He warned of a rocky uphill ahead, so my first thought was, “How do I get out of this?”. I didn’t have quite enough momentum in a couple of spots, so I got stuck - just when a bunch of other riders were coming up the trail. Eel offered to ride my bike up about 30 feet, so I happily relented. Later, I remembered that I came across this same trail a few years ago while riding my ol’ 426. The situation was different then, as there was no one else around, so I had no choice but to ride up. I made it that time (just barely), but I vowed to never take that trail again (yeah, sure :nod: ).

On the ride back, we took the same trail (downhill this time). As I was going though the ugliest part of the downhill, my rear wheel suddenly locked solid. WT…..? It turns out that small rock got stuck between the chain and countershaft sprocket. With some severe clutch abuse and then some trail side muscle (not mine), the rock finally came loose.

I was gettin’ kind of sketchy near the end of the ride, due in large part to my flakey right side. I was just happy to get back without causing a “Rope and Pulley” scene. I left early Saturday afternoon to give myself plenty of time to recuperate.

I think someone mentioned that O’Lady9’r might not show………..? :rotfl:

Last edited:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
My middle son (hereafter reluctant2stroke or R2S) and I left home at 6am for the drive to the finest riding spot on the southern Sierras. We stopped at Bakersfield to buy fishing licenses before driving up a different way than ever before, from the west up the Kern River canyon to Lake Isabella, also known as the back way. We had overtaken a bus full of white water rafters just east of town, to give you an idea of one of the river’s popular recreational activities.

Once past the edge of the San Joaquin valley, the highway snakes along the river into the steep canyon for about half the way to lake, and for the rest of this leg the highway turns into two lanes while straightening out compared to the prior winding; after the transition R2S lays his hand on his belly and stares off into the distance with a gaping jaw. As he reaches for a bag his breakfast comes up and out the window, so I quickly pull over for a break while he attends to business. Hiya ralph. Poor guy.

We resume after he composes himself, and I give him an opportunity to choose returning to our traditional route (Hwy 14/395). Not one for attention to his suffering he declines and we head north towards an the old abandoned logging community of Johnsondale, but before getting much closer, have to swing east and up toward the Kern Plateau, halfway to camp.

Along this leg we passed Kernville, situated on the river – a lunch destination for those in times past do a long loop over Sherman Pass. While there I spotted a vitamin shop and stopped for something to settle his stomach, and ended up with some ginger-enhanced candy. The darn stuff did its job but stuck to our teeth like tenacles. And it left this hot afterburner taste in your mouth. Gag.

I considered fishing the North fork of the Kern although declined due to the speed at which the water was moving – plenty of snow melt this year – good for rafting but too much to fast for the fish just yet.

Going up the grade eastward revealed acres and acres of the big fire from a few years ago. Doing the Cannell trail was considered although deciding against it didn’t take much thought as the landscape was rather barren between the tall blacken remains of evergreens. Sad how things got out of hand, and restricting or eliminating proper forest care exacerbates the very reason of having scenic manageable land to begin with.

Near Sherman peak snowdrifts remain even this late past the winter. A few miles past the peak on the downhill was our turnoff for remote fishing.

The dead end was approx. 5-miles. Stopping to review the map revealed we should continue ahead while an older map showed a hairpin. Hmmm. Attempting to restart resulted in a rapid clicking sound from the starter; our first thoughts were the starter had gone bad, of all places. I couldn’t bridge the contacts, nor remove the starter motor altogether due to the space constraints, hot exhaust manifold, and few tools in hand. It was time forgo fishing to unload the bikes and ride the rest of the way to the DRN campsite in search of assistance.

Our 5 mile entrance road was plate legal only and the following trails closed due to some remaining snowdrifts; having green stickers nor trail closures was a constraining factor as we were doing this as an exercise in duress – mind you this was a rather remote location, and signs of civilization long past.

There were no signs of closure where we connected to the first single track, Sherman Pass trail. It became evident why it was closed with the frequent snow mounts. Reaching Trout Creek required a maneuver to access the over creek bridge due to the way they placed taping across the trail. Ah: a cloure sign, for the way we had just come down. While I waited on the other side of the creek, R2S managed to get onto the manmade bridge fine but lost his balance half way and the KDX flopped over the side into the creek upside down. He was okay, but as we heaved the bike upright, I noticed the throttle housing busted at the cable entrance; it fit up well within the rubber cover with minimum cable abrasion, so we were good to go, relatively.

While breaking at Bonita Meadow, I considered our options then continued along the road-legal only 4WD trails as he wasn’t 100% nor was I with 6 hours of road time from home. He repeatedly asked we take the pavement but I did not want to have to explain our actions to a Ranger in the event if little mercy were to be encountered; some rangers understand and some are by the book.

½ way on Mahogany trail we took another break, while I broke the news we were getting closer. We briefly discussed the no-start pickup symptoms and concluded the battery may be the culprit after all. – these no-maintenance batteries die differently than the older type I have experienced in my youth, which for those whom have not met me was a long time ago.

Passing Troy Camp was a relief, and more so from entering Fish Creek campground and seeing 2strok4fun. 2S4F had arrived not long before, and immediately knew something was wrong by us pulling in the way we did, on two wheels instead of four.

Discussing the options, he checked with a large, well equipped nearby group for jumper cables. They did have a charger. Mmm. Mr. Lucky was out on a hike with his dog and Kav, collecting firewood. We decided to wait for The Eel and KelsoRat to return from their tank-draining ride, to ask if they had cables. In the meantime the option of replacing the starter - even if one could be found in the nearby communities - became remote due to the evening coming upon us; loosing track of time, 2S4F reminded me it was past 5 pm. Where did it go?

Both kelso and Eel had cables (boy, did those two fellows look beat), so we borrowed a pair. 2S4F drove us in his nice new diesel pickemup to where the DieHard died, some 50 minutes away, which afforded good conversation; I almost forgot I had a problem. He attempted to jump the starter as I had but found the same obstacle, then boosted a few times to no avail; same clickety click. Seeing his truck had two batteries, he loaned me one and mounted it with some creative cable tie cutting (poles were opposite) and twig fitment/wedging to the existing mounts/fastening clamp. It then started right up! LetMeGiveYouABigKissThankYouForSavingMyBacon was all I could think. (Don't worry: no smackers. hey: he's go a wife and kids. Shame on you.)

Pulling back into camp at 7:30 means I had a few options, and R2S decided to stay behind to set up the tents in the quickly diminishing remaining sunlight while I’d run to Ridgecrest and find a battery, which could have been done the next day although I wanted to recover as much lost weekend plans as possible and sacrificed a good time around the campfire for recovery. Kav in town there so his directions to exactly where within Wally World auto batteries were to be found was appreciated. Before leaving Mr. Lucky offers me a piece of meat, and that was well appreciated.

Just over an hour later I was at the automated brand-battery application mini-processor/display punching in my pickup’s model, make, etc. I had to go through the whole sequence 3x due to sticky buttons and operator error. Topping off the gas tank, fresh ice and drinking water and I was heading back. It took a half hour longer to return to camp higher up the mountain.

I hung in around/made the rounds at the campfire with the DRNers (even Kiwi, but he did insist on hugs this time - phew! skated another year) until midnight, as we wanted to attempt fishing once again early the next morn. But before laying me down to rest, we took in a star-filled sky, Milky Way and all. R2S saw a shooting star, but I was too worn out and missed it completely.

Early next morning we fished the south fork of the Kern to no avail; a few nibbles, more snags but some fine dad-and-son time.

Back at camp it was jetting time. My 250 was running rich whereas the 200 lean, so it demanded and got all my attention. It was bogging rather forcefully, and I suspected a sticking float since it would not weep from the overflows. Now this is no small task, as the sub frame must be rotated upward to provide enough room to remove the carb – no rotation of the latter can be accomplished due to the carb's screw-top being ¼” from a (KX125) frame member – ah: the consequences of owning a hybrid.

The second needle change/experiment reminded me how the oversize tank requires a complete 180 deg. rotation of the petcock. Like duh! Push instead of pull: me bonehead. While having it thus far apart, 2S4F suggested a leaner pilot/richer needle via his laptop/JD program, and in they went without incident.

While my carb endeavors were progressing, Scar Tissue pulls in, two hours ahead of schedule. Good thing as we are closer time-wise to our loop start.

We don our battle gear, load up the bikes and head to the north end of the riding area. This affords us more time on the lesser traveled quality trails. Our loop consisted of Albanita, Little Horse to Oso Meadows, Blackrock, Granite/Broder trails onto the edge on Monache Meadow.

2S4F led most of the way and gave us a spirited pace. The trails were their usual dry and dust conditions, yet the water levels were like no other visit: high, flowing, and clear. At one stop we came upon Chris wetting what appeared to me a belt; ends up it was a bandana with gel thing which retains coolness, and wraps around his neck. At the next stop he asked if we saw it on the trail, having lost it – none did. And it was surprising no one volunteered to go back either - I shouldn't speak.

Speaking of the last stop/rest, Scar and R2S were a bit late in joining speedy Chris and less than speedy me. Apparently beforehand Scar was on my tail with a good clip – I wasn’t aware he was there – but with the dust he was following closely, and I had made a quick cut to another line which he missed, and ended up bouncing off of the bolder – which perhaps I avoided? – and ended up off of the trail. R2S unbeknownst went right by, and later had his own stall/starting woe. But they came rolling in just before the point of wazzup? let's backtrack.

I was having a difficult time "timing" what whoops we encountered. And an attempt at putting my tire on the top of them resulted in a mini flying “W”, which no one saw; nonetheless I came clean and admitted my shortcomings. Once we got near Monache the speeds picked up, and I was able to do it the right way and place the tire on the downside. I don't know if it's lack of muscle/poor technique, or too heavy flywheel on the slower stuff. All I know is things get edgy when I goose it at loser speeds and launch on the edge of control; higher speeds/gears is not a problem.

Somehow Scar got ahead and bypassed our last turnoff for Monache Meadows, so I sped up and stopped 2S4F, who was behind him and asked he catch Scar, who was unintentionally leading us back to Fish Creek via Jackass Peak Trail. Once turned around we went off to Monache, but came to a place where it appeared Kelso got the day before. Not caring for the looks of the long and deep gorp, let alone the same fate, we opted out, backtracked and took the 4WD trail into Monache Mdw and stopped at the south fork of the Kern.

There were oh, a dozen spectators/folks hanging out at hte first river crossing. All of the anglers were elsewhere, for obvious reasons. There was a guy in a YZF something on our side of the river near the bank, apparently took some water when crossing, and eventually got it fired up after much kicking. Following his departure we enjoyed the ½ hour just watching the water go buy – it was higher than normal for this time of year (I've been her for the last 5 summers). It’s a lot of trouble to get to this expanse but you forget it when sitting, watching hte river go by and relaxing - I hate being the one to say: “let’s go”, especially before the weariness of the ride catches up to us.

In the interest of time we took a shorter loop to get back to the drop point: Granite Cut-Off and Albanita trails. There was one long stream crossing which we all had to do. Everyone made it fine except R2S, who managed up to the opposite bank then bounced off and dropped his bike into the water. Several kicks later we were on our way.

Passing on the edge of a few meadows is one of the benefits of Alabanita, along with the twisting through the Aspens.

Alas, back at the pickups and the drive back to camp. We all hung out with 2stroke4fun’s family, as their sons, and Scar’s preferred charred marshmallow technique/creative destruction provided entertainment. I wanted to stop by and see Mr. Lucky and Kav once more but the events of the last few days brought bedtime a’callin’ all too soon.

Early morning packup and the jaunt home was before us; good we were able to be up with the sun. once int he valley floor we stopped at Murray’s Family Farms fruit stand, and I loaded up with watermelons, nectarines, peaches and oranges. The prices were not that favorable, though buying the fruit means it doesn’t have to travel as much and is closer to ripeness.

One stop for fuel, another for retrieving R2S’ reheated leftover warmed-over spaghetti, kept heated under the pickup's hood, and we were back home again 5-1/2 hours later – good time; a lot of trouble to go through but certainly worth it for camaraderie and scenery.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Missed a few things...

Hotshot came up to our campsite say: you’re looking slim and healthy these days), and was introduced to 2S4F. He was shocked to find my son #2 now grown to full height, all the while thinking he was son #1. In any event, he asked for a hand in unloading his ½ unloaded KX; the back wheel had fallen to the ground whilst the front was on the tailgate despite his trick telescopic ramp. Since it’s a lighter weight bike I suggested we stand it on the rear and pivot it away from his Hemi-powered peacup, but being the owner and deferring to his preference we wheeled it backwards and had it on the soil on all two in no time.

CRF_Tom and CSpinerider arrived in the early evening, introduced themselves, and while scoping out the available campsites and ways/places to fit the motorhome, Tom and I discussed the riding and fishing possibilities. Looks like he has his hands full but would certainly enjoy their time here. Sorry I couldn’t spend more time chatting later around the campfire – the events of the weekend were catching up to me.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
holeshot said:
I think someone mentioned that O’Lady9’r might not show………..? :rotfl:

Ahhhh! I'll get ya for that you crazy Russian you. ;) :laugh:

Sorry I didn't make it this year guys. Wound up having Grandkid duty. Of course, reading the reports from placelast and eel was almost like being there. :cool:

O'lady9r :ohmy:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I ended up getting up at Troy around Friday midnight and rode on down to see the crew at Fish Creek around 10 Sat. The only one I saw was Chris and his family. The rest of the group must have been out fishing or riding by then.
Either way, the riding was good although some of the trails, like Rattle Snake, underwent some changes due to the snow and runoff. The numerous stream crossings this year sure made it a blast although one of the muddy ruts up at Shaffer got the best of me. I have to say, thats the absolute first time Ive ever nailed a tree and I'm going to do my best to never, ever do that again. I was seeing double for about 10 mins after that mishap. Seriously, have you ever tried riding while seeing two trails? :coocoo: Its definately an adventure. Other then the hurt ego all the limbs were intact so I motored along with the brothers and our families. The riding this year was excellent and an early Monday morning ride, with my kids before leaving, made it a great close to a good weekend.

I hope to get around to riding with you guys up there next time. I dont feel comfortable having the teenagers riding up there without me around so I relegate most of my weekend to riding with them. It sounds like the whole crew had a great time despite the mechanical problems with the trucks.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Me and CRF_TOM arrived on Saturday around 7:00 p.m. We went to Fishcreek as I drove through to find a camping spot, I noticed a few DRN placards and introduced myself to the first person I came across, and that was Placelast. He was full of information about the riding and fishing. We ended up camping in the fishcreek overflow. We got settled in, made dinner, then Tom and I decided to ride over to the main side and meet more of the DRN crew. This was about 10:00 p.m. CRF_TOM has the 250x which has a light and I have a CR250 without. It was dark so I usually trail him. Got the bikes started and headed out, except that I stalled it...oops....Tom was gone. I kicked the bike and was one my way.....in the dark. Luckily the dirt/sand was light enough for me to see my way trhought the dark of night. I finally catch up with Tom who was already at the main side and finally realized I wasnt behind him. He laughed and said holy $^!*. We introduced ourselves to Chris(2strok4fun) and Tim(scar tissue) who were sitting around by the their fire. They gave us the run down on how the riding is and invited us for a ride the next morning.

Tom and I were a very sceptical on the ride we were going on because we could tell that chris and Tim were very skilled at riding single track and we were not. I used to ride single track in Georgia but it has been along time. We set a meeting time and Me and Tom were off to our camp to get a good nights rest.

Sunday morning, Chris and Tim came to our camp site to get us. We loaded our bikes on our trucks and followed them to our start point. We got geared up and headed out. During the first hour of the ride I was following TOM and he well um to spell it out, hit a tree and hit it hard. I thought we were in serious trouble at first and that we would have to be carried out. But as luck would have it he was fine. His bike had alittle damage but nothing to worry about. He broke his chest protector to give you an idea of how hard he hit the tree. Protection is the best. We rested a bit then headed out again. This time I was pinned in third along a straight away and wheelied over a stream and OH! OH! a huge log straight ahead on the corner of a left turn, so I slammed on the breaks and turned sharp left and laid my bike down before I went sailing. Chris came up behind me as I was picking my self up off the trail and reassured me if you know what I mean.

We came up to a Y in a meadow where a bunch of riders were taking a break. Chris and Tim were going to go on a more difficult ride, then meet us at a different Y on their way back down. Tom and I headed out and missed the Y and ended up meeting them on the way. We were going to head back and Chris was going to ride back to Fishcreek and Me, Tom and Tim rode back to the trucks. Tim tooks us on a very fun ride back to the trucks.

We got back to camp, Tom explained to his wife that he almost died :yikes: , ate lunch and Chris and his and family came to our camp to go to the stream and swim. The water felt great. Chris and his family were leaving that afternoon. Later on Tom and I wanted to go for another ride and check out Troy campground. We took the connector from fish creek and got to Troy. we were looking for more DRN placards but didnt see any. We took a jeep trail which ended at the start of Rattlesnake. We rode up rattlesnake which is very narrow and rocky at some points. Tom was leading, and around a turn I come I see Tom stopped on a rocky climb. I wasnt stopping for anything, so I charged on up and over the rocky trail and stopped on a flat area to rest my bike against something to go check on Tom. I said it would be best if he could turn around somehow and he concurred. I on the other hand could not turn around because the trail was only 3ft wide and a big drop off on the right side and nowhere to turn around on the left side, so I continued up rattlesnake to find a turn around point. What seemed to be a few miles, I found a turn around point and came back down to meet up with Tom. Our wives wanted us back by 6:30 p.m. to start dinner so we headed back to camp.

We left the next day after we took the kids to the stream for one last swimming session. I really enjoyed Kennedy Meadows and will be back for sure. I want to thank 2strok4 fun and scar tissue for taking us on our first ride there. They were tremendous guides with a wealth of knowledge on single track riding. Let's do it again soon.

Placelast: Thanks for all the info and getting us situated. Hopefully next time we will get to ride together.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Mike and I just can't say enough about Chris (2s4f) and Tim (scar tissue) patiences and knowledge. :cool: I really enjoyed the ride. Even as Mike and I were sitting around the camp and saying what a work out it was. We had huge smiles on our faces and would definitely do it again. I know I learned alot out there for the few short hours we rode. The scenery is just beautiful up there. It was cool riding over what little snow was left on the ground. I still need lots of practice for the rocks :bang: But I will get better. Heck, there are alot of things I need to get better at by the next time we go up there.
I know I probably gave Mike a scare when he saw me hit that tree. Nothing a chest protector and some zip ties can't handle. I am already looking forward to riding with fellow DRNers..

Ablice

Jul 5, 2005
Hey guys.

Originally posted by placelast
My middle son (hereafter reluctant2stroke or R2S)

Hey had I known my "screenname" was supposed to be that I would have registered in that name :nener:

Anyway, it was fun hanging around with everybody. I want to honor scar tissue (Tim) with the rank of Mr. PartyMan. ;) The glowing marshmellows made mincemeat of the boredom around the campfire...definitely broke the ice.

Chris (2strokes4fun) was a great contribution to the...well, let's say adventure :). Nice having him around.

Originally posted by placelast
Attempting to restart resulted in a rapid clicking sound from the starter; our first thoughts were the starter had gone bad, of all places. I couldn’t bridge the contacts, nor remove the starter motor altogether due to the space constraints, hot exhaust manifold, and few tools in hand. It was time forgo fishing to unload the bikes and ride the rest of the way to the DRN campsite in search of assistance.

Aww that's just part of the adventure ;) Something a little bit different each time...

Alright see yall later, lemme retreat into my lurker bed... :yeehaw:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I showed up solo this year as Lori decided to take a year off and do the neighbrhood thing. I had a good time and it's always good to see the crew and meet some new riders.

It was a full and fun weekend. Went to work on Friday, left miday and played golf, got home played poker all night, went to bed late, got up early and drove to KM. Showed up and went riding all afternoon with Chris, John and Nathan. Got back, did Dinner at Grumpys and the campfire thing. Went to bed late and got up early to go ride. rode 3+ hours and headed back to camp made lunch packed up an split. Drove home 4 Hours, didn't unload a thing and took a little nap, Woke up and played some family night poker with the wife and nieghbors. Monday unloaded and did the whole 4th parade BBQ thing. Went to work on Tuesday and slept with my eyes semi open at my desk most of the day. Hey what do they expect. :cool:

Tom and Cspine, It was nice meeting you both. Hopefully you had fun and will come out for some enduros in the future (Sept. 18th is the next one) . Or maybe a Big Bear run.

Chris thanks for the lodging etc.

John and Nathan, its always a pleasure to ride with you. Glad you enjoyed the Marshmellows. :cool:

I especially enjoyed how full all the streams were this year and getting to ride through snow in July.

Until next ride.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
scar tissue said:
I showed up solo this year as Lori decided to take a year off and do the neighbrhood thing. I had a good time and it's always good to see the crew and meet some new riders.

It was a full and fun weekend. Went to work on Friday, left miday and played golf, got home played poker all night, went to bed late, got up early and drove to KM. Showed up and went riding all afternoon with Chris, John and Nathan. Got back, did Dinner at Grumpys and the campfire thing. Went to bed late and got up early to go ride. rode 3+ hours and headed back to camp made lunch packed up an split. Drove home 4 Hours, didn't unload a thing and took a little nap, Woke up and played some family night poker with the wife and nieghbors. Monday unloaded and did the whole 4th parade BBQ thing. Went to work on Tuesday and slept with my eyes semi open at my desk most of the day. Hey what do they expect. :cool:

Tim your the man, when I grow up I want to be just like you. I got tired from just reading about your weekend let alone being the one actually doing it. Someone give that man the new Superman Tutu

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
We should all pitch in and buy Tim some shades with Polarized lenses, a pair of sweet white shoes,and some gold chain bling. Next stop---Binions (spelling?)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Great reports guys - sorry I didn't get to hang with everyone.

We only rode Sunday, had a lovely 50 mile ride via Jackass and Monache - the river was the deepest I'd seen for several years and had a couple of holes but we made it through ok. I think I've talked my cousin in to getting a bike that is a bit more capable than his 1987 XL600 after he rode mine.

Monday we left to go down the hill and prepare for Tuesday bike rescue in the Piutes which went very well thanks to good planning and preparation - many thanks to Thumbs who took a day off work to assist.

Ablice

Jul 5, 2005
placelast said:
Uhhh...whatchasdoing up so late? You're supposed to get some rest for work and your DMV road/driver's test today!

*wakes up, startled*

Huh?

;)

scartissue said:
I especially enjoyed how full all the streams were this year and getting to ride through snow in July.

Until next ride.

Until next ride, which in that case has to be more water for me to fall into...

:)

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
I did want to mention placelast and Nathan. It was nice to meet you two. Sorry we didn't get to ride with either of you. But I do know how things go. Maybe next yr or sooner we can all get togehter for a ride.

Tim, Chris. I had a great time. Still thinking about getting on that minute with you. I have to try it at least once. Kind of like going up rattlesnake. Which really wasn't making me happy at the moment :yikes: I need to get better at the single track stuff. Those who ride it are A #1 in my book. Thanks again for a great ride.

Top Bottom