Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Hey Guys--

All the forests and state land areas are closed here so we're coming back to CA for the week (6/29-7/8). And our club, the Prospectors, are meeting up there close (Troy or KM) so we'll hook up sometime during the weekend for a ride. We'll be heading out there on Monday just to be kickin' it before all the action starts. We'll be in our 30' 5th wheel and white Ford Powerstroker. We fly yellow and green flags if you look for us.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Bill:
I thought you said you Arizonans werent used to this cool California air? <joking> Look foward to seeing you at in these parts again.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Looks like the final verdict is FISH CREEK and/or FISH CREEK OVERFLOW.

If anyone has a CHAINSAW please bring it.

The Dez Crew and Tee will be caravaning up on Tuesday morning hoping to arrive at FC around 3 - 4.

Tee will be in a Grey Dodge 2500 with a white 21' Dunes Toyhauler and
we will be in a Tan GMC 4x4 with a white 21' Baja Toyhauler.

See you guys there...... :aj: :aj: :moon: :moon:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It looks like we should get out of here around noon. Because of the size of our vehicle and trailer I'm pretty sure we will be in the f/c overflow. I should be arriving around 7:00pm give or take. See ya. :)

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Amanda & I will be coming up Friday - Sunday. Save some tent space in the "projects".

Anyone have good directions? Feel free to bust out the GPS coordinates!

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
CPT Jack, You can have my spot. I have to leave Fri afternoon.

It has been a lot of years since I have been up that way.

North 14 about 60 miles north of Mojave.
About 9 miles north of the 14 and 395 intersection there was a sign pointing left to Kennedy Meadows. Follow this road to Kennedy Meadows.

Continue past KM and the General Store. Last Place to buy anything you forgot.

If I remember right just stay on the main road. You Can't miss it. If you get to Blackrock Ranger Station you have gone to far. Stop there get a map and turn around.

Directions like that you might not make it till Sat.

Good Luck

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Have fun everyone. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

As some of you know, I live in a very high fire danger area.
With the fire season that we have been having, I'm a little reluctant to leave Mrs. Ol'89r here alone to deal with it. Being the 4th of July and all. :ugg:

I might make it up for one day if I can talk Mastersandblaster into going.

BTW, check with the rangers before you start any campfires. Word has it that campfires are not allowed in the forests during this holiday.

Hope everyone has a good time. It's hard not to at Kennedy Meadows. ;)

Ol'89r

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
We'll be arriving early Thursday morning and will be leaving sometime later in the day on Saturday.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Jack and others we'll see you there. I'll have a Big DRN banner at our site in Fish Creek. Old and Slow directions were correct. I believe turnoff from the 395 to kennedy meadows is called 9 mile road. There is a big sign saying Kennedy Meadow this way. FYI its a dirt road for a mile or so then pavement again.

Jack you can always sqeeze your tent in at our site if need be.

FYI for those of you new comers. Around the turn off from the 395 is a gas station mini mart. I recomend filling up your trucks gas tank there on the way up. Last year I didn't and went up with half a tank and was on fumes when I came back down. Also the mini mart is the best palce for last minute supplies. The Genral store up on the mountain is OK for emergencies and nice to visit, but the selection is sparce. Last year they had 1 packet of dogs, no buns were out of marshmellows etc. But they do have plenty of Ice. So we can refil there if needed. They are about 20 minutes from fish creek.

See you all there.

Scar= Blue van +wr250f+ large DRN sign.

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Turn left at the store to go to Fish Creek - don't go to the Kennedy Meadows campground.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ill have two other groups with me but Im planning on being there Weds late afternoon if everything goes right. I figure parking the 27' trailer is going to limit me to the overflow so Im sure Ill see the banner. Im bringing the kids so someone else bring the teenage rugrats too so Im not the only one.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
So who's camping at Fish Creek ?

Can I fit a small tent there, and park my truck ?

Could someone save me a spot ?

Is there anywhere decent to swim nearby ?

Is there a restroom for my better half ?

Please answer the questions completely and in order. Each question is worth 10 points and grading will be on a curve.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
#1 - I am
#2 - Yes & maybe
#3 - Yes
#4 - not to my knowledge
#5 - Yes, but it does not flush

Ok, that's 50 points for me at $1 per point is $50. Sweet, you can pay me when you get there. Cash or check is fine.

I'm leaving after I hit submit so if you have any more questions call me.

Tony
714-863-1660

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Just want to tell everyone have FUN! And be safe!
Sorry I am missing this one. But the race bug has hit me, gonna go up to Oregon this weekend with Unit74 and race the nat. H/S.
So wish me luck.

bundy

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Boondac - I'll have an 11 yo girl and 14 yo boy to assist your teens in any terror campaign they wish to wish to wage (mine are VERY experienced in the art).

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
...wife came down with something Shorty brought home from summer school, & unless she's better by tomorrow, we're out.

But that wasn't the 1st casualty of the upcoming event. When Thumbs came by our place yesterday to take some of my finely-crafted firewood, he hit my dolly with his head! The nerve! It's OK, that is, the dolly - no damage to my possession. He shook off the wound - like the tough enduro competitor he's becoming; I suspect he'll be fine...keep an eye out for him just in case...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok good sounds like I wont be the only one bringing the rugrats. Its definately sounding like a big group. Hope ya make it Place.

Top Bottom