thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Buddy - I'll be there from the 3rd to the 7th, no doubt that we will get to ride together. You and Mini will just love KM. It's one one my favorites and I have only been there once. Try and drag a few other Nor. Cal. riders with ya.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Buddy
\
I was thinking of coming down 395s- Any tips on the best route for us coming from the East Bay.
Thanks,
Buddy

Buddy,

When you figure out the best route from northern cal, if you don't mind, please shoot me a message. Some friends of mine are coming down from the Bay area to meet us there, also.

Thanks,

Tim

tmorenc@whitmont.com

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Fremontguy travelled down from the Bay Area last year, so he may have some ideas on how many hours & best route.

You might consider coming through Bakersfield and over the Tehachapi Pass on Hwy 58, then turning north toward KM. There may be shorter routes mileage wise, but I-5 to Stockdale Hwy to Hwy 58 East will get you over to the left side of the mountains pretty quickly and is a fairly easy route if you are towing.

Wish I could join in, but can't make it this time. Rode at KM once a long time ago and it is a great place to ride!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Thumbs - Tan/Goldish F150 and a tent - arrive 7/3
Desert_Racer & family - Silverish Gold GMC W/21' Baja Toybox 7/3
Farmer John
Kiwi +3 - White Dodge W/16' Baja Toybox
The Eel +1 - Silver Tacoma and a tent
Tree & family - 3265' Tan & Gold Superchief - arrive 7/3
Scar & family - Blue Chevy Astro Van and a tent - arrive 7/3
Tee & family - Silver Dodge 2500 W/21' Dunes Toy Hauler
Buddy & Fire Lilly - 7/3
boodoc +3
oldnslo - Tent - arrive 7/4
Bill Beard & crew - White Ford W/30' 5th Wheel - arrive 7/1

Pvt Joker - tent ??
Karna & Justin ??
kkug ??
JPivey ??
Placelast ??
Ol'89r - tent ??
Holeshot - tent ??
CPT Jack - tent ??

Anyone need to be added, deleted or edited?

Last edited:

Tee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Thumbs...
I'll be driv'n a Silver Dodge 2500 with a 21' Dunes toy hauler.
Probably just going to be Poppa Tee with no Momma Tee or Baby Tee.

Tree...
Didn't mean to ignore you. Just haven't checked here in a while. Me and Desert_Racer are toying with going up Tuesday now. I'll let you know my plans when they are more solid... Maybe later in the week. Company is always good if our schedules match up. Is this an excuse to get a CB?

So is it still Troy? All you tent campers OK with no water?

T

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Tee
So is it still Troy? All you tent campers OK with no water?

T
Yes, Troy it is. I think most of us tent trash will survive.

psst.........If I start to die due to lack of water or come in serious need of a shower I'm going to sneak into the 16' Baja Toybox and get what I need.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I never noticed but you are right, I have a GOLDFISH colored truck. Yikes, what was I thinking.

I wish you guys could make it to KM. It won't be the same without you. I'll have to make my own breakfast. ;)

I'll see ya in October.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I can go Thursday and Friday. Probably show in the morning. Traffic Wed. night might be to much. Whats the driving time from LA? 5 Hours.

I'll be part of the slum (tent) area.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
old n slow I believe it was 4 1/2 from south orange county up the 395 I imagine LA is shorter.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
That's sort a what I thought. If I leave Thurs. morning, I'll have to get up real early to get there by 9 am.

Thanx Scar, see ya Wed. night, late or Thurs. morning.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Big Bummer, I just got off the phone with the ranger station and they said Troy Meadows is CLOSED for renovations. So what is the popular vote now, Troy or Fish overflow?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Oh Yeah! it's getting close. Count down has begun, less then a week. I may be heading up on Tues. if I can swing it. Time to change the oil in the bikes and rejet. :)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I hate to throw a wrench in the works but since Troy is completely shut down per the rangers,

I need to change my camp location to FISH CREEK.

I need to have restrooms relatively close by for the little ones and wife. I know I pushed for Troy but we just learned it was completey closed. My target is now to camp at the actual fish creek camp site just across the road from the Overflow. I don't want everyone ot change there plans just for me, we can always come over and meet up with you at night etc. If still want to go to the other loacation. I'm just piping in as to where I'll be, in case anyone cares.

Heading up Wed. 8 AM ish. I will have a big DRN banner at our site. Look for the logo.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
I'm just piping in as to where I'll be, in case anyone cares.
As if we care ......Bwahahahhahahaha

Now for the important stuff .......... Are ready to go get some lunch or are you going to play on the computer all day?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
LUNCH GOOD! :aj:

ME CAN EAT :p

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Tee and I were discussing the same thing. We are going up on Tuesday now so that we can get some good spots. Since Troy is closed and we want to stay together I think we will opt for Fish Creek or the FC overflow also. Plus I will need to replentish the rig with water mid trip so it will be better to have water in camp.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
When you guys figure out where we are camping let me know - and yes, Thumbs there's always a shower for you buddy!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom