Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
From Louisville, take I-64 west to exit #119 (Greenville/Paoli) Take Hwy 150 west to Paoli. Take 37 north at Paoli. Go through Bedford and follow signs to old hwy 37.(Citgo station).

From Evansville, take I-64 East to exit #86 (English/Sulfer) Take 37 north past Bedford to old hwy 37. (Citgo station)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
So is this a done deal for Sat. the 16th? I've got the OK from the wife, and two riding buddies are planning on coming with me. If everything goes as plans, we'll get there just before dark Friday and set up camp.

We riding?????

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm ready to go Saturday. Right now the weather is supposed to be chance of rain thur,fri,sat. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
If everything is a go, I plan on arriving at the place about 9:00am.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Sat. 16th

I will be there. I hope they are wrong about the rain because the temps. look great. I called LCRP Fri. and they said that there would no camping allowed right now. I guess they don't have anyone to watch the place at night. Spring Mill state Park is 16 miles south of Bedford. They have a campground and a lodge. It is just outside the town of Mitchell off of SR 60. Here is the site to find out info. on camping and lodging in the park.http://www.state.in.us/dnr/parklake/parks/springmill.html
Here is a list of motels in Bedford
Rosemont 812-275-5953
Mark III 812-275-5935
Hoosier Hills 812-279-9935
Stone City 812-275-7515
Stonehenge Lodge 812-279-8111
Here is the number for Midway Motorsports in Mitchell if anyone wants to play on the MX track before they head home. 812-849-0023 Danny Davis
I think they have the Loretta Lynns qualifier there.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Any recommendations on the motels listed?

My fingers are crossed for good weather, but if I drive 4 1/2 hours to ride...I'm riding rain or shine!;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Cal,
For camping I think that Spring Mill is a prime spot. I think they have a little store. Probably should call them first.
I've never stayed in any Bedford motels. Probably any will do.
Unless it's a full wash, I plan to ride.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
Hey guys I think i'm going to be there on Sat. but not sure yet, I'm trying.
Jaybird, I thought I might be able to follow you up or something becuse you'll be going about a 1/4 mile from my house if you take hwy 150 through greenville.
I was also wondering if you had ever gone there through salem, via hwy135 then 60, instead of through Paoli? Through salem used to be a better road years ago, it's been quite a while since we have gone from Paoli to bloomington though.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wanabe,
I always go through Salem. I thought the directions through Paoli would be easier for those who havn't traveled it. It's been years since I went that way as well.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The weather forcast for Lawrence County looks much better now. No rain now projected with highs in the low 50's and clouds.

Look forward to seeing y'all on Saturday morning!

Oct 10, 2000
I am going to try and make it on Sat. morning. I am changing my swingarm/ linkage bearings and my bike is in parts right now, I'm getting the parts in Thurs. or Friday and will try to get everything together by Sat. morning. I will post Friday if I'll be there or not.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm going to reserve a room in Bedford today. We will have three coming for sure, possibly four.

Let's Ride!

Is this a meet 'n' eat ride, or just a ride?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'll bring the weber. We can probably get groceries in town once we know who, what, when.
Looking forward to a great day! Looks like there will be some showers on Fri. but partly sunny and nice on Sat.upper50-lower60's.

Cal, I'm bettin your are gonna get to see all the top-soil you want. :debil:

Nothin but a few bolts and knuckles keeping you away now, wheelie!
Hoping to see JM669, trivial, jason, TSRacing, wannabe, and Jimbo make it, as well as Mike and his group!
BTW, Trivial....be not in doubt...you will be in like company. :)

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Can't wait! The 426 is ready for Indiana. Me and ole blue will have to show you hoosiers how to roost that Indiana top soil!:p

I'll try to get some chicken marinating tonight.

Looks like we have three coming, I still haven't heard from the fourth.

What kind of vehicle will you be in Jaybird? Where do you normally park? We'll either be in a green ford explorer or a white ext. cab 4x4 chevy.

Oct 10, 2000
Parts came in today, I'm not much of a wrencher but will do my best to get her done.
Cal, you better have bark busters cause these Indiana woods are real tight;)
Hope to see everyone there, I'm driving white 4x4 chevy pickup.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by wheelie4strokeB
Cal, you better have bark busters cause these Indiana woods are real tight;)
Hope to see everyone there, I'm driving white 4x4 chevy pickup.

I just slapped on a brand new set of bark busters last night! I need to break 'em in good.;)
You better get to wrenchin'!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Black F250 w/white trailer (DRN Stickers).
My first time riding there, Cal. I'll probably see y'all wherever we anti up.
We have faith in you, wheelie!
:)

Jay-R

Nov 27, 2001
Cal, obviously I haven't checked my pm's in a while. I am in with the Kentuckiana chapter. Sorry I can't make the Indiana trip this weekend. But I am ready for the next ride, as long as everyone will wait on me at every turn. So I don't get lost. :confused:

jason

Nov 9, 2000
I will not be able to make it to this ride. I have to work most saturdays. If I get enough advanced notice on the next ride and it is on saturday I could probably get out of working for a good day riding. I will be at either Crab Orchard ILL, or Spurgeon IN sunday.

Oct 10, 2000
JayBird brought the grill and Cal had the chicken in the sepecial sauce. The food was real good (to bad we couldn't have put the grill in the enclosed trailer to keep us warm:eek: ) The riding wasn't all that bad for getting about an inch of rain the night before. Cal even tried to find out how deep the water was in a mud hole, it looked about 4' deep as he blasted through it. I think he got everything wet on that one;).
Had a good time and where are we having the next ride?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Despite 35 degree weather and muddy slop, we still had a good time! And yes I got EVERYTHING wet in that hole.:eek: I think my underwear actually dried out by the time we left.;) I definately broke the new bark busters in. I wasn't sure I was going to get all of that Indiana mud off my bike!

I'm ready for another ride. Hopefully one a little closer to home. We clocked about 11 hrs road time. It's hard to leave a pregnant woman at home (isn't it wheelie?). Turkey Bay is always open and is 2500 acres and has 150 miles of trails.

Like Jaybird said, "We met, we et!" Thanks Jaybird for bringing the grill and running to the store.:)

BTW, what happened to all you other hoosiers? Ya'll 'fraid of a little mud and cold weather?:moon:

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Yup, I agree with the good time!
I have to admit, I was one cold spode! The weatherman fibbed to us again, but it didn't stop us from rippin the slop up. I was sure glad that I didn't find that hole that CAL did:eek: but I managed to wear plenty of mud.
It was a pleasure riding with y'all.
I'm ready for another!

The Kentuckiana Chapter lives!

Top Bottom