Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
hey im kinda a new rider and i just picked up a beginners bike.. its a 2006 orion 4 stroke 125cc and I brought it out to the bush yesterday and then i stopped for about 5 min then went to go out again and when i went to got start it, the engine wouldent turn over.. it wouldent even make a sound if i kicked it down slowly it would make a bit of a sound but i couldent get it started. :bang:

Last edited:

Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
i guess no one knows....... hmmmm well just outa curiosity... why does it say that all the moderators are all in bike repair and build bikes?? comon guys give me a hand here

Poltax

Apr 11, 2006
First place to start is do you have fuel? Is the carb clean? Do you have spark? Maybe change the spark plug for a new one. Do you still have compression?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The kick starter will go down tho? What exactly do you mean by "won't turn over" ? If the kickstarter wont move, it's probably siezed. Does it have oil?

Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
lol finally ok. well what i mean by turn over i mean like the engine wont start or make any noise... yes it moves ( the kick start) and i have gas.. the oil in my tank?? thats a lil low but i know that aint it
and how do i check for compression??

Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
its wierd its lile.... when i kick it down it moves but it sounds like its not cathing anything likes its moving... it springs right back up like normal so it aint broken..but im not sure about that compression..i dont know how to manage that.. the sprk plug is brank spankin new just got it 2 days ago i checked it any ways.. but that aint it..

Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
ok when u say starter gear do u mean the teeth that lie right on the end of the kick starte?? cuz if thats wut u mean they are fine i checked that. it almost sounds like a belt or something inside the motors turning but not turning the engine... like when you start a car the rubber belts... that are the things that turn the cars engine to keep it running thats what it sounds like

Last edited:

Delta-Omega

May 23, 2006
Delta-Omega said:
ok when u say starter gear do u mean the teeth that lie right on the end of the kick starte?? cuz if thats wut u mean they are fine i checked that. it almost sounds like a belt or something inside the motors turning but not turning the engine... like when you start a car the rubber belts... that are the things that turn the cars engine to keep it running thats what it sounds like

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
Is it possible that a valve has tightened up to the point it is not sealing? So, there is no compression and the engine just rotates? Usually, when we say the engine does not turn over, it means the engine is frozen. If the piston moves up and down and it does not start, then it does 'turn over', it just doesn't start.

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Try putting your bike in 3rd gear or if you have a higher gear and pushing it, see if the engine is making compression noise. If it does my guess is your kickstarter engager spring inside the engine might be worn or broken.

jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
Like John Cena was saying, from the sounds of it you kick start idler gear is not engaging either due to a broken spring or worn gear. I would try push starting the bike and see what happens.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
i know what your problem is i think. if the kickstart lever and the whole KS assembly is working properly then you might of snapped off a couple of teeth on the idle gear. my bike did this and i had to pull the clutch basket off(leave clutch plates in basket) to get the idle gear off.

hope this helps.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
ORION? Can you return it? If not then try to get a service manual for the bike, and check to see if the piston moves when engaging the kickstarter. How long had you ridden it before stopping for 5 minutes? Is this your first ride on it?

Last edited:

Top Bottom