EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
I had a great riding session on my new KDX 220 (FMF rev pipe: everything else stock). The bike ran perfectly and I had a truly classic day out at Gorman.

I had a couple of not too bad get offs, and now my kickstand wont hold the bike up (not even in a nice flat garage). I may have bent the stand so that it doesn't stick out at enough of an angle. If so, however, the think is really weak.

Have any of you encountered this problem? Do you have any suggestions on a fix or a reasonably-priced aftermarket kickstand?

--Thanks!!

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
My riding partner had the same problem with his 97 220r. We heated the lower section of the kick stand then hit it with a maul till we got the desired angle. His was so bad I wouldn't park next to him, it was constantly falling over. Any how this worked for us and we havn't had a problem since.:D

Last edited:

someday

Jul 10, 2000
Many of us have tossed our kick stands altogether. Just the thought of the possibilty of it coming down while in the air or some other "inconvenient" time was all it took for me. Seeing Fredette fly around the MX track at DW01 with his flopping around reinforced it. Guess he's comfortable with it, I'm not. Plug the holes with some hex plugs or silicone and use a stand, tree, straps, etc.

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
i had the same problem with mine,i put the stand in the down position and pulled it away from the bike enough to bend it out a little more(the flat plate,not the post itself).works fine now.had it off for a while but sometimes a tree isn't handy when you need one,usually just when you don't need one.....ouch!

Top Bottom