saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
I was just wondering how many people run with kidney belts, and if they make any difference at all? Are they more for protection or support? I have a genetic kidney disorder and would prefer to hold my kidneys as tight as possible, but are they called kidney belts b/c of the region they're in or what. I'm sorta confused as to what exactly they do!

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I wear one. I've been wearing separate belts, but I just got an EVS Ballistic Jersey w/ one built in. I like the BJ- it's a little hot when you're not moving, but get some air flow and it cools right down. Nice to be able to just pop the thing on and have the elbow pad stay in position.

The kidney belt really helps hold your guts in place and offers some good back support, too.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Kidney belts are easily called back support belts, but I do not ride without one. Especially if you have a gut or or not as taught as a 20 year old athlete they help keep things in line in the rough and rugged bumps of outdoors. Support is the real reason for them, but protection is a plus in the woods. More than once they have helped against rocks or stobbs when I went dirt sampling. In your case, there are motorcycle styles that have padding and ribs in the back that would offer extra protection to your "weak" area. Shop around for one that fits well and offers the protection you need. Also, in your case never ride without a chest protector that doesn't have a back. Enjoy the ride--Cheers John

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I agree with what's been said. I always wear one and I just feel better knowing that my mid section is tightly packed away when I ride. Plus it's kind of like slimming underwear that women wear...it makes me look like I am in shape! :)

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I never had one until I bought my 661 pressure suit, after riding with one, I can feel the difference as far as being sore the next day, it just kind of helps hold the guts in place. Your whole body takes quite the pounding when you ride.

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
I've got a $10 off coupon to a mx retailer website, looks like I'll put that towards a kindey belt. Although I'm only 23, with my kidney problems, pissing blood for a week isn't an option. I should have looked into these a long time ago. Thanks for yalls input!

Top Bottom