bill23435

Sep 30, 2005
I bought a new Kawasaki KLX 250 that was shipped to me. I had to install the front tire but not so sure I did it correct now.

1. Should I have applied grease to axel before pushing through tire?

2. Does grease need to be applied to spedometer attached to right side of tire?

3. There was a spacer for the left side of tire (viewed while sitting on bike) that looked like a gentelmens top hat. Does the brim end go towards the tire or fork?

4. When removing/installing tire do you remove the axel clamp completly or loosen to be able to slide axel in and or out.

She's got one mile on it but I want to make sure it together correct before I start breaking her in.

Anybody have any torque specs for axel or just tighten?

Last edited:

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
try bike bandit for a view of the parts finder it should show you how it goes together
grease where ever,and use plenty inside it so the shaft will not gall up or seize
-clean the threads after installing it ,and use locktight
not sure on the torq specs

bill23435

Sep 30, 2005
Thanks for the info. I found parts finder and got it together but failed to grease the shaft. I will take it apart now and get a coat of grease on the shaft and reinstall. I could get the shaft pretty tight but was concerned how tight to tighten the four bolts that hold the clamp that clamps the axel to the fork. They are like 10mm I guess I will just snug them up.

Top Bottom