KLX Suspension

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Ok, I know I'm a total spode for admitting this, but I have never serviced the suspension on my KLX :ugg: , and I know nothing of suspension, not even how to adjust this or that, rebound, sag, etc.

Before you blast me with criticism for my neglect, I'm not hard on the bike, hardly ever encounter mud, and for the past two years have barely ridden the bike. Guess what I’m saying is there are not too many hours on the bike. Yup, I understand that this is no excuse, what can I say? I do have a problem with the suspension and how it handles, due to my size. I'm 6'2" and 210#, and I ride a KLX300...can you believe that? With stock suspension, you can imagine I get a bit squirrelly at speed. I love the bike, and can’t afford that new 520EXC that I so desperately want, so the KLX it is.

My question being, pretending money is no object, who is the best suspension company that can hook me up with the right springs for my weight and service these things, and revalve if needed. Again, I have suspension knowledge deficit disorder, so be gentle with the responses! :)

Thanx in advance
matt

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Couldnt reaaly reccomend a specific company , but keep in mind that the HOST of this forum is very knowledgeable and that some of the people who offer advise are also . The best thing you could do for yourself is to take some time to educate yourself abit on suspension in general and them maybe try to evaluate what you like or dislike in your own setup . That way you will appreciate or feel a change if you make one . And youll become an educated consumer. KLX 300 suspension was pretty good but youre pretty tall and about 50 lbs over what the target weight was on the bike when it was specd out by KAW . But if you prefer soft and ride in tight woods with rocks and roots it may not be that bad for you . If you want to make the MX crossover youll probably need to firm it up . Either way after 4 years or so its time for a service . Good Luck DEAN

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…