KTA

Jul 14, 2000
I'm looking to get some elbow and knee pads but there are SO many to choose from I can't decide. I'm most concerned with them staying put and being comfortable. Would you recommend long knee pads that go down into your boots or shorter ones that stay above?

Which ones do you use and like/dislike?

I'll consider any recommendations. Thanks guys!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ive tried a few arrangements with no comfort or lacking protection til ive settled on thor force kneeguards, a little warm but comfortable and confidence boost, fox raptor elbow guards, a little tight on my arms but also confidence inspiring.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I wear my skateboarding knee pads under fox shin gaurds and that works well for me... I also use the fox elbow pads and I love them... However I'm always looking at different stuff , and I think Six Six One has some of the best designed stuff I've seen...

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Look at the Fly Moto knee guards. It attaches below and above the knee and bends with your knee. They are very comfortable and good for preventing scrapes and deflecting roost and trees. They won't protect from hyperextension or knee twisting as its not a brace. Got mine for $50/pair. Have been holding up for 2 years.

http://www.mxsouth.com/fly/fly63motokn.htm

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I had SixSixOne elbow and knee pads. The knee pads are nice, but they don't go into my boots. I thought that was OK until a friend of mine regaled me with a tale of crashing and taking a footpeg in the shin, between boot and kneepad. Now I'm not so keen on the pads. ;)

The elbow pads, on the other hand, pissed me off constantly because they would slide down my arms all the time. I solved the problem with a SixSixOne Pressure Suit. It's got elbow pads, a chest pad, a kidney belt, and a removable back protector built into a mesh suit that fits under a jersey (albeit an oversized one). I've worn it a few times and I love it. It's a touch warm in some weather, but the added protection and non-shifting pads is worth it.

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I use the EVS knee pads and work fine. Also, have Fox elbow pads and work fine, but can't stand having pads on elbows because cuts off circulation and just too uncomfortable and restricting.

BPJNT :laugh:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I use the Thor Force knee guards. I highly recommend them.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
another vote for the thor force kneeguards here. they will not move, as they are tucked into the boot, and they offer more coverage than any other kneepad I've seen.

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
I looked long and hard to find elbow pads that had good protection, comfortable, stayed put and did not constricted too much and I found that the Sixsixone 2x4 elbow pads fit the bill. They have wrist to above the elbow protection and they stay put and are comfortable. I think they come in three different sizes to fit puny little to massive forearms. I have no real opinion on knee pads.

Scott

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm with Wilky - the 661 2X4 elbow guards are comfortable, long and stay put with no arm pump.

Top Bottom