steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
My wife and I are close to buying a bike for her (5'7", 130 lbs--5 months experience riding)---thinking about a KDX, lowered using a Kouba link for less intimidating seat height. Can anyone relate their experience, pros and cons of this product??

Thanks

davis

Jan 10, 2003
I am height challenged myself. While trail riding and stuck on the side of a hill is no fun if you can’t touch the ground. I have a cut down seat and a link. It works but the bike works a lot better with out the link. Take a look at the new Hondas the 150 and the 230. They sit a lot lower and the price is right.

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
I am using Kouba link #3. It has really helped as I am 5ft 4in. Also had seat cut down about 1.5in to 2in. The sag is a little too much but I need all the help I can get. I am riding enduros and doing well for my age (50). KDX200 01.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Last edited:

stewartcraig

Sep 26, 2002
My wifes KDX had Kouba Links on it when we purchased it. I think they work great, she can almost flat foot it and there is the added bonus of decreasing the spring rate if you are light.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
You can and should lower the head by raising the forks in the tripple clamps 1/2 to 3/4". Be sure tire will not hit the fender when forks are compressed, but with only this much lowering it has not been a problem for most folks. Oh yes for those wondering, makes it easier to turn sharper.

Top Bottom