ktm 2-stroke. How to test for lights?

jaluka21

Mar 5, 2004
Please help. I have a '95 exc 250, it runs sweetly,it has all the lights in place but there is no power reaching them. I have installed new bulbs. I have tested the wires and they are all sound and are not worn or earthing through to the frame. What should I test next? Is the ignition coil the thing where all the power for the lights comes from or is it the CDI?
What does it look like and how do i go about testing it? I have heard that the earlier KTM's have had electrical probs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks mate.

B

biglou

Can you read electrical schematics? There was an online source for electrical diagrams somewhere that was pretty easy to find. I think I typed in "KTM Electrical Diagrams" or "KTM online manuals" or something similar and found them. If so, remember one basic troubleshooting principle: Start at one end and work your way to the other until you find the problem. If you have both head and tail lights that are not working, I'd suggest starting at the source of the power for them. Chances are that will be where the problem lies.

I'll search out those online manuals and post a link here in a while if I get a chance. :thumb:

Top Bottom