buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I just saw a '97 KTM RXCe 400 for sale the other day. When I checked into it, it's got 191 miles on it(if the odo hasn't been messed w/) and the dealership is asking $3000 for it. Does anyone know much about this bike? I was contemplating an XR650l or a KLX/R 650 for mostly road duties. Would I be better off w/one of these, or is the katoom a good deal?

Thanks,
Rob

leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
I had one and it was a serious pain in the butt to get started after it was dropped. They are also heavy. If I were you I'ld check out the xr's if that's what you want.

-lee-

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Rob, never owned one but heard of alot of problems with jetting and lack of performance. The new LC4's are hot and Lansing Cycle has some they are blowing out - $5500.

My advice is the XR - plenty of parts, mod the exhaust and airbox, first kick bike.

You missed a great ride last weekend. Hope the move went well.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Thanks Shaw. The move sucked! Well, not really. I just really hate moving. I would've MUCH rather have been w/out you guys. And if I go w/a new bike, it'll probably be a Honda Superhawk. I'm just looking for an inexpensive ride alternative. In fact, my buddy just found a '93 KLX650 for $2100 that's been 'dirt mod'ed'.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom