Kudos to Ron at RB Designs!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
The chrome on the face of my carb slide had started to flake and peel and was starting to scratch up the inside of the carb, so I ordered a new one from Sudco and waited for it to arrive. Last weekend I popped in the new slide just before loading up to meet some friends for riding. When I got to the riding area and tried to start the bike, it would not fire up(uh-oh :ugg: ). When it did finally start, it revved uncontrollably. At this point I was not sure what was going on, only that it was probably the slide, since that's the only thing I changed. Like a complete idiot :o , I forgot to bring the original slide along - so my day was pretty much done at that point!

When I got back home and compared slides, I found them to be identical except for one important difference: The OEM KDX slide has a recessed bottom, while the new slide from SUDCO has a flat bottom. That difference prevented the slide from closing, which explained the revving on startup! It was at this point I thought to call Ron at RB-Designs. Amazingly he answered and proceeded to educate me about H-model KDX PWK carbs. Apparently, it is some kind of hybrid in that - while it is not an "Air Striker" carb, it does use the Air Striker slide. What I'd ordered from SUDCO was the regular PWK 35 slide. Ron had a new #5 slide milled to a #7 sitting on the shelf and he graciously offered to send it to me in advance of payment ("Just put a check in the mail when you get it") and threw in an AEN needle as an extra. The slide arrived mid-week , so I'm in business again thanks to Ron.

Last edited:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Ron is one heck of a guy. You can't imagine how must time and effort Ron and Dan ( Acutemp) have into the modified RB Designs carbs. Best of all he runs his business on good old fashion honesty, something that you just don't find everyday.

David

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yep. Ron is a class act for sure.
FT

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I also just got the carb and head mod for my 97 220 from Ron. I had the parts back within a week and all is well. He also took the time to answer my many emails.

I still haven't ran it but I'm dying too.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I sent my carb up to ron for a refit of the slide. My sister lives closeby. Seeing as she was on her way down here for a visit, she called ron..asked when she could pick up my carb so she could hand carry it. When ron said, 'Later today,' (he'd just received it), she asked if it could be sooner.

Upshot of the whole thing...she drove over to his shop..and it was done!

Yep. Ron's good people.

Top Bottom