KX forks leaking at bottom of slider?!?

mxrcr4

Mar 14, 2005
Hello,

Question for those much more knowledgable.

I had my fork seals replaced on my 03 KX 250 (which has about 9 easy hrs on it) and the next week noticed some fork oil on the floor. Cleaned everything up and next day saw fork oil on the bottom of the slider and it was leaking down over the bottom of the fork where the axle slides through. But slider under the seals was perfectly dry all the way to the bottom where I mentioned. Cleaned up again, removed brake stuff, and still same result. I am lost here as I did not know anything there could leak.

Thanks,

Brian

reknelb

May 16, 2002
I had this happen to an old road race bike i had. It was a set of inverted yzf750 forks. The chromed slider is threaded into the alum part that holds the axle. I think they use an epoxy also when they assemble it. Mine also had a set screw in each fork holding it in. I just emptied the fluid out of my fork, cleaned it really good, then forced some jb weld in the space between the chrome slider and the alum piece. Probly wasnt the best solution but I had a race that weekend :yikes:
I talked to max at traxxion dynamics and he said he could fix it at the time so I would imagine any reputable suspension shop could help you out. Or you could buy another fork.

Top Bottom