Feb 14, 2006
I did a search and didnt find any posts about where oil is leaking on my 2000 CR250. in the middle of the case on the bottom where the big bolt goes through (I think a motor mount bolt) there is a small machined (i think machined) notch in my case. you can tell that the case seal goes over this bolt and flange and not around it. I was cleaning the bike yesterday and when I cleaned the mud off the bottom of the case with it leaned up against the house it leaked about a table spoon worth of trans oil out of this notch. do I need to split the case and replace the seal? I really dont want to do that and with the mud on the bottom of the case it never leaked. could I just silicone the notch? what are my options here? has anyone else had this problem. I can run home at lunch and supply a pic of that is needed.

thanks,
savage

crazyrydermx

Feb 4, 2006
I think a pic would help a lot.
I would suggest replacing the seal. That will definitely fix the problem, and it's not halfassing the job either. Sometimes mud can get into places and destroy seals and things of that type...I have had this problem before...I replaced the seal and good as new.
A pic would really help, though, as it is hard to picture exactly what you are talking about.

Feb 14, 2006
here are the pics, im pretty sure that it is a vent for the ignition cover because I blew some air up into it and it puffed the cover out.

and of course it wont let me post a link...how do I do it?

Top Bottom