KX KDX conversion.......Here we go again.

BucKat

Subscriber

Well....I decided to make the transistion.
The above pic will start it all. A 2000 KX125. Not a bad start of a mere $500 delivered to my front door this morning a 8am.

I plan on doing the conversion ,,,,taking lots of digi pics and documenting the entire process for all to benifit from.
I've been in contact with Jeff F. :worship:
and he has/will help in the process.

Any input,,,advice,,,,assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The bike is complete with engine but it's in a million pieces.....Looks like fun to me.

Let's have fun with this.

Buc

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
At first I thought the picture was a reversed mirror image, but the text was correct. :think:

I was thinking "what year was the sprocket on the right side". Look at the swingarm, it's upside down!

BucKat

Subscriber
Yes...It was just put in place for reasons of taking the picture.

I thought the same thing when I first saw that pic.

All is well though. It even have brand new Perrlli tires on it...whoohooooo!!

Buc

It is a great project. I have two and am building two more at the present time. You will not regret the work. It is not difficult; a little welding, a little machine work and a little sweat, you will have a prized piece!! If I can help e-mail me. Rely on Jeff's imput!
Dennis

BucKat

Subscriber
Thanks Dennis.
I'm short a few parts.... Air box for one,,, but e-bay is a great resource.
I'll take you up on your offer and email you soon. ;)

Cheers

Buc

BucKat

Subscriber
Originally posted by 49
It is a great project. I have two and am building two more at the present time. You will not regret the work. It is not difficult; a little welding, a little machine work and a little sweat, you will have a prized piece!! If I can help e-mail me. Rely on Jeff's imput!
Dennis

I can't seem to send you an e-mail.
Please re: to this address.
theurbans@sympatico.ca

Thanks
Buc

FarmerJ:

Been there....read that...Thanks

I think :think: I've read every thread on every site ever written on this topic.....
I kid, of course. ;) ....I do need as much input as possible.. Thanks :thumb:

Buc

Last edited:

BucKat

Subscriber
Originally posted by Canadian Dave
Here's an idea what it will look like when finished :worship:

Yep...seen that aswell. Although I doubt mine will look.... or run as well as Jeff's.

Thanks CD.

Currently I'm in the collection process...Parts that is.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to chop the swingarm or the engine cases...Hmmmmm ,,, what to do......what to do.. :think:

Buc

I want ONE!!!! That thing looks soooo sweet!!! If I had it, it would stay in my shop and never be touched!!! Just looked at and admired!!!

Originally posted by 91KDX
I want ONE!!!! That thing looks soooo sweet!!! If I had it, it would stay in my shop and never be touched!!! Just looked at and admired!!!
I like toys I can play with. :-) One of the reasons I'll never own a concours-quality antique car. Now either a 427 Cammer or a 426 Hemi on a stand in the living room, that's art. BTW, I am assuming that you do want to ride it too. :-)

Seriously, one question that I have is how a big a rider is too big for the 125 frame? I'm assuming that for suspension the normal route would be like all other bikes - springs and valving for rider weight. Would there be any other issues for a 6' 230# rider?

Best,
Greg

BucKat

Subscriber
In stock form....the 125 is rated for a rider under 170lbs.
Now that's assuming it is for racing. ;)

Buc

Originally posted by BucKat
In stock form....the 125 is rated for a rider under 170lbs.
Now that's assuming it is for racing. ;)

Buc
Losing 60+ pounds is NOT an option, 30 maybe... ;)

-Greg

BucKat

Subscriber
Lucky for me....I'm just scraping the top of the 170lbs class... :thumb: although vertically challanged at 5'8.

Buc