KAWA200RIDER

Mar 4, 2004
Does anybody know if and what year KX front forks will bolt up into a '85 KDX 200. I think this would be a cheaper upgrade...and way easier than doing the KX/KDX project thing.Has anybody tried somthing similar to what i said if you did how'd it work?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
the 86-90 kdx200 forks if you get them complete (tree, forks, wheel, axle) all bolt right up. Uses the same bearings and you gain a disc brake. the forks are larger 43mm units vs the stock 38s.

We did that to a friends 83 and made a world of difference! Be sure to get some XR400 or XR600 front springs from someone taking them out as the stockers are way soft.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
An 85 KDX200 on the MX track?

BAHAHAHA!

Yes it can be done as my friend takes his 200 out there, but the suspension and bike is really wrong. Buy a KX for that if you want to stay green.

KAWA200RIDER

Mar 4, 2004
I want a KX but i'm not racing I just want to go to the track and ride. I want to upgrade to stiffer suspension so I dont kill myself! I also just got the KDX and dont go the money for a KX.

g00n

Mar 9, 2004
One thing that really bugs me. Someone asking a question about their bike and getting the reply "Buy a new bike" or along those lines. I walked into a second hand parts shop the other day and asked for some parts for an '89 kdx and got the reply "Just fork out some money and buy a new bike." Well if i had an infinite supply of money i would buy a new bike. Whats wrong with having an older bike? An old bike kept in good condition will need the same amount of general maintenance as a newer bike. Sorry...nothing to do with the topic, just read that reply and needed to let out some steam :flame:

Anyway, good luck with the project.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I must say your right, it has nothing to do with the topic. Their is, however, a flame board that you can air your venting.

As for this thread, KAWA200RIDER has asked these same questions in two different thread posted on the same day.
MX mods. for a KDX & New KDX rider ( I think) or something like that.
As for the replies, I can speak for myself, they were in no way a slam on the age of KAWA's KDX. They were, however, replies from many hours of tech time and riding time on the MX track with a KDX.

And if KAWA200RIDER is wanting to ride MX, I will stick to my guns (based on experience not age of Bike), he will be unhappy with a KDX on the MX track.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I want to do some salmon fishing with my kdx.

What mods do I need to do for that? Springs (wrapped up in a boat?) maybe??

Besides, the whole point was missed about matt's comments regarding USD kdx forks!!

If the thinking is USD forks are required to make the kdx 'track-ready'...well, isn't that reason enough to treat the whole thing as a spoof?

There are posts whose express purpose is to see how many chains can be yanked.

Sometimes you just have to throw your head back and gargle.

.....or, buy the right bike for the job.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Salmon fishing?

:clue: How about GOLF?

I have not gone golfing since I bought my KDX

I wonder what mods would help in turning it into a golfcart?

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
wibby said:
I wonder what mods would help in turning it into a golfcart?
A piece of rope to tie the caddy to the KDX?

How many stroke penalty would you get for rutting a sand trap? I don't remember there being an Alpinestars Tech boot with soft spikes either. Hmm. Now a tee box might make a nifty tabletop. Sure would put a different spin on "Can I play through?" This could be fun... :-)

Apologies for furthering the thread hijack...

-Greg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom