brokenkx100

Jul 29, 2008
hey guys, i have a 2001 kx100 and it wont shift. it acts like the rod that connects the shifter to the inside of transmission is broken or stripped. does this happen often? how much is this to fix? it looks like you have to split the motor to fix it. any input would be great.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You don't have to split the cases to replace the SHIFT SHAFT. Just pull off the right side cover, and remove the clutch assembly.

It will actually pull all the way out from the right side of the transmission.

The splines that the shift lever attach to on the shaft will get stripped out, if you don't keep the shift lever tight. You should always use Loctite on the shift lever bolt, plus check it periodically to keep it from stripping the shaft.

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
I had this kinda thing happen once.
I took it over to my uncles, and we popped the shifter back into allighnment with a peice of angle iron, and a crowbar (not recomended ;)

it worked great though!

brokenkx100

Jul 29, 2008
it moves but wont click. we took the cover off on the right side. how do you get the clutch out? does it slide out or do you have to remove the four bolts on the clutch?

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
IndyMX said:
The service manual for that bike details the exact method for removal, I suggest you get once asap.
E-bay sells them cheap, I got all mine there.Just do a search in e-bay motors. :)

Top Bottom