SAPPER

Nov 30, 2008
I just purchased a 112 cylinder and head from ebay. I'ts brand new and was a spare for a guy. I verified it with LA sleeve. It's the 54.5mm cast sleeve no plating. I know that's good...to an extent. But I didn't ask if it had the butterfly assy for the power valve. But That I can work out when I get it. Hopefully it has one in it so I don't have to buy a new set and machine them.

What I'm asking for is what are the pros and cons.
It currently has a Hotrods bottom end, Bills pipe, PC shorty silencer, Boyesen CF reeds but will have V-force reeds enroute next week, and most of all 428 chain sprocket upgrade. My son was snapping the best 420s weekly. I read an old thread from 2 1/2 yrs ago and it told me some but not a whole lot. I gather there is an over rev problem? any other cons? LA sleeve doesn't advertise this kit but they have the piston/ring kit and for a wiseco, it's cheaper than a stock kit.

I'm an experienced mechanic, and good machinist and a bit of a perfectionist. I've been out of bikes since the 80's but never the left the car world. After a year of working on this bike, I pretty much know it inside and out and mic and spec everything to exact tolerance. Hell, My son is still on his stock clutch and as of 2 months ago it's only .003 under stock spec and it's an 06. He religiously changes oil once a week (3-5 days of hard track riding) using ATF type F (same I did in the 70s and 80s)

I'm planning on a major pilot & rejet project forthcoming but anything would be easier than my quad (i'd rather try to rejet the space shuttle)

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. :cool:
SAPPER

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
As you change the reeds, cylinder (porting, boring, or polishing, re-sleeving) you increase the posibility of problems and the reliability goes down the drain. When the weather changes, the carb needs to be re-jetted, and if youre lucky, it will run. But most of the time, if it changes more than 50 degrees, your screwed til the weather changes back.

SAPPER

Nov 30, 2008
Thanks 85. I'm not happy but he needs the little more boost of power so where there's a gain there's always a loss. Usually $$$.

Well, we're deciding to keep it a 107 by not doing the +2mm crank. Are there any other Super-mini riders out there?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom