kx250f oil bolt

Mar 16, 2007
if you guys are familiar with the oil bolt, to add engine oil on the kx250fs. it looks like you should shove a big huge flathead screwdriver in it to loosen it up and take it off to add oil. Well my flathead wouldnt work on it so I had been grabbing it wrench and twisting it off that way, which worked for a while until today. It wouldnt come off, the pliers bit into the metal and screwed it up on the sides. I then tried putting a flathead into it and twisting that would a wrench. it wouldnt budge but did manage to kinds strip it. so I have a stuck oil plug on my kx250f. any ideas how to get this thing off? once off im going to buy a different one thats easier to take on and off. I really dont want to take it to a shop just to get the stupid thing off.

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
all i can say is be very very careful about taking it off. You dont want to strip it and get little peices of metal in your engine. Also its a pain in the ass to fix a stripped oil plug.

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
congrats! :cool: Make sure there isnt any little peices of metal in there. Clean it out.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Now all you need is a new fill plug.

From now on, use a quarter to install the fill plug. It doesn't have to be that tight.

Rotor

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
man, your lucky I put my oil bolt on so tight that it cracked the case, thanks to jb weld problem is solved!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…