khwilm

Jul 11, 2006
I'm in the process of putting the top end of my son's KX85 back together and I've hit a roadblock. Upon disassembly, the manual instructions (p.52) say to remove the e-clip from the KIP shaft by rotating the shaft, which I did. How do I get the shaft and the e-clip link to line up again now that I am re- assembling it. Do I take a wrench and keep turning the KIP shaft clockwise until it lines up with the e-clip link. The last thing I want to do is shear this shaft or do damage to something in the internal part of the engine. I tried turning the crank, thinking it would rotate the shaft but it did nothing. I can send a photo of I'm talking about if that will help.

Thanks in advance for your help
Kevin

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
With the bell crank on the power valve shoved towards the back of the bike, take a wrench and rotate the powervalve actuator arm clockwise just a little bit and slide the linkage on to the bell crank. You will not have to turn the actuator arm very far at all. You will have to connect it up while still holding the actuator arm in place with the wrench, or it will just rotate back on you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom