damon

Sep 29, 1999
i saw the photo a couple of month ago on a french magazine,the bike has been made with the computer,they also had an rmf 250.
so i m sorry but it was an illusion...

henkholland

Oct 26, 2000
sorry, no specs. the magazine says: "spy photo and these bikes ride around in japan". Funny enough, it also runs an ad from a motocross dealer with the same pic. Guess, we just have to wait and see.
I try to show this weekend several small stroker pics I took at the ISDE in France; if the CD comes in time.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
HA! dont hold your breath waiting for a cool bike from kawi!
When people said they wanted a four stroke dirt bike , kawi thought they said they wanted a shore boat squirt bike and started making jet skis!!! :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Then what sort of hybrid appeared in the Maxima Oils ad in various mags a few months ago?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
The bike in the Maxima ads was built by Metaltek(sp?). I believe they do some R&D work for Kawi and it was there own project.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
They missed something

If you look just below the side number plate, you can see a portion of two stroke exhaust stinger entering the silencer. This portion of pipe is smaller in diameter than the pipe near the kickstarter (four stroke pipe).

Not a great fake, IMVHO.:think

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Could be real . . . :think

Whadja do, Holeshot, break out the micrometer to take the measurements?:confused:

gowen

Aug 2, 2000
It's a terrorist ATTACK!

It's them **** terrorist's trying to scare us (2-smoke riders) into beliving that 2-strokes are dying!!

Sorry, but, us evil 2-stroke riders must stand firm.

Uh, nevermind.

Holeshot, you are correct. Do you think they just threw on a graphics kit and a motor from something?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator

Whadja do, Holeshot, break out the micrometer to take the measurements?:confused:

:)

And what a about the diagonal subframe downbrace just above the rear brake master cylinder. It has a kink in it that only the nuttiest fabricator
would make. Looks like someone pixelated it together.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I dunno. To me it looks like the subframe piece gets wider there, and you're only seeing the part that isn't covered by the frame guard.

(for every swing you take, I swing back! ;) )

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
Well, even if it isn't real, i still like the black frame and stuff:silly:

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
With the small diameter head pipe I'm betting it's a shop bike hybrid. Part KX125 and part KLX. Kawie is probably a year or two off a reliable proto and Suzuki is trying to figure out how to dump it's left over two strokes. There is a reason kleenex is yellow.:p

racermx

May 20, 2000
look closely where the pipe would normally stick out where is comes out of the cylinder. looks to me like someone "smeared in" similar colors over the outline of the pipe. very easy in power point. also pull back from the monitor.... it may be easier to see the smear. definitely fake in my opinion.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
It looks like my bike, klx 250, stoked and bored to 340, ext. swingarm, Stroker susp. carb, ceramic pipe, MX pastics, + lots of other goodies. Simply put KX stickers on my bike and there you have it. 42hp, 239lbs. four stroke fun by Stroker

henkholland

Oct 26, 2000
first of all, I wish America and the world wisdom and strength in these days.
About the 'artist' and his kxf pic: if it is fake, he sure had an eye for detail, like the long kickstarter; can't imagine the 2-stroke has this size.

Top Bottom