Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Well after not getting on the bike for 3 weeks, I decided 4 weeks would be even better. After waking up looking in the shed to see if the bike was still there, I drove about an hour picked up a buddy, studied my ass off for 5 hours, configed some Cisco routers and some Catalyst switches. Made them all find each other, got RIP running, VLAN's to. Came home, looked back in the shed just to make sure the old girl didn't feel unloved and went in the house to watch some TV. God, the past 3 weeks have been crap. Hopefully I find a decent job soon so I can end this madness...

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Hucker
configed some Cisco routers and some Catalyst switches. Made them all find each other, got RIP running, VLAN's to.

That will be my next 2 weekends too. First, next weekend I go to a site and put dual routers with HSRP and some switches in (putting a 3550 with layer 3 switching in too :) ) then I head out on the 23rd to San Diego for Cisco Networkers. I'd rather be riding.

Good luck on the job search.

Ivan

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Man, I dont know how you guys can stand working on that Cisco junk all day. I took a class for a year to get my CCNA but quit halfway through the second year, that aint the stuff for me.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by dave186
Man, I dont know how you guys can stand working on that Cisco junk all day.

I know how you feel. That is why I went back to school. Just got my MA in Management and will start on my MBA in the fall.

Hopefully, I can find something a little more to my liking. Until then the work isn't too bad.

Ivan

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I worked through high school working on computers and networks and got my A+ certification my sophomore year. I decided that I wanted to try something different, so now im a welder at a trailer shop. It definatly is less thinking, and leaves more time for riding, but probably not what I want to do for the rest of my life. Im going to college this fall so I need to think up what I want to major in.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
This weekend I loaded a Y2K YZ250 into a K1500 4X4 and routed it 120K to a site af 360 ACRES and downloaded the Y2K YZ250 for about 6 HRS of high speed interconnecting routes and switchebacks. I then reloaded the Y2K YZ250 and rerouted back the same 120K. Once completed, I installed a few BUD lights and called it a good day! :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Will you be at Paragon on the 22nd & 23rd?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
And just think Cisco is making phones :scream:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Nope, won't be making this Paragon trip. Unfortunately my fund situtatoin is getting to a alltime low. I'm saving up my pennies for DW'02 :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom