Slider17k

Oct 29, 2002
My girlfriend wants to start woods riding. :thumb: I'm getting her a KDX 200 next week and I need help with riding gear. She is 5' 10" and wears size 7 long jeans. Waist size is about 29".(Boy, if it's 28 I hope she doesn't see this!) I've heard that some of the women specific gear is a little short for tall girls, If so what size guy's pants would work? Would 30's be OK or would the hips be cut too narrow?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I'm 5'10 as well and find a lot of the brands too short. I have both the Woman's MSR gear and a set of regular MSR gear and they are both nice and long.
I've tried on the Fox womens gear before and the length was great as well. They were also very comfortable. I'd probably get a pair if the only color they make it in wasn't so obnoxious.

Thor Core is great and is okay on the length for me. A little on the short side though.

I know there are other manufacturers that make womens gear but I havn't tired them yet. Some of the other women here have and I'm sure they will fill you in.

Hope that helps.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
I absolutely love my MSR Rage Pants and Jersey(Cotton).
They're my definte favorites. I've tried the Fox women's gear and they fit in the waist but not the hips.
Just get her the MSR pants and jersey to start. I'm sure she'll love them.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I too like my MSR Rage women's pants. I did tear the knee out but I wear knee braces so that was probably inevitable. I also have the Fox women's gear, last year's, which was blue and yellow; this year it comes in red and blue. (or purple <gag>) The new Acerbis women's gear has got to be my favorite though; other than the fact it has a lot of white on it, which won't be for long, it fits nicely, looks great and seems to be very high quality. The zipper/waist closures are a little different but cool. It is blue with red and white and the gloves are wonderful--they are so comfy I want to wear them everywhere.

That's just the women's only stuff. Other favorites seem to be the Thor and Fox as far as fit goes. O'Neal also makes women's gear but I haven't seen it yet to try it on. Baggies are kinda cool but not always--if she is riding a full size bike and slightly vertically challenged, the loose cuffs can get caught on the kickstarter or footpeg when you swing your leg over the bike causing parking lot tip-overs. They are nice sometimes though. I might get a pair for cold weather riding.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I used to be a 100% Thor advocate, but once I got myself a pair of Fox 180's at a recent bargain barrel sale I was hooked.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
O'Neal also makes women's gear but I haven't seen it yet to try it on.
MXSouth has them here http://www.mxsouth.com/oneal/onlpntgwom03.htm

I just wanted to vomit when I saw the new colors for the Fox women's gear. Bubble gum pink or purple, whatever, it doesn't matter but it was atrocious. Do they do ANY market research before they crank that stuff out? Maybe there is a bigger market for 12 year old girls than I thought. :think:

Top Bottom