Larocco on a CRF450 for Nationals

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
On the post race show following tonights SX from Houston Mike Larocco stated that he will be riding a CRF 450 for the Nationals this year. Can't wait to see him back out there once he is healed up. He said the recovery is coming along and there is a chance he'll be ready in time for the Glen Helen season opener.

Bucko

Jan 31, 2002
Heard that also :aj:

Saw him at Spring Creek last year on the CRF, for one of the first races on it he looked comfy, should be a good MX year, just hope he's better in time for the start.

Bucko

Jan 31, 2002
When the Rock rides the 450 where does that leave Ramsey? Think Team Honda will have both riding them?

My guess is yes, they want that bike to be on tv as much as possible.

Heck even RC has in his contract if he wants to ride the 450 he can.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
HA! its to bad wish they would let him ride the A/F 500! hell if they are going to allow cheater bikes might as well run a 500 2 smoke.
wouldn't have to even concentrate on holeshots that way.

:)

wardy

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just a little academic question:

Would the 500AF meet the AMA's homologation rule if there were still an open class? How many have to be built? Just curious.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Well, they let the prototype yz 400 race and the 450 race BEFORE they were sold to the public....the AFs are available now and for sale to the PUBLIC

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So is the XR400, but they wouldn't allow Mike Healy race one at Daytona a couple years back. :think

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I was trying to apply logic to an illogical situation...not sure what the actual reason was behind the healy deal...something about not passing tech inspection??

yz400fer69

Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by Bucko
Heck even RC has in his contract if he wants to ride the 450 he can.
My dad was recently looking for a new bike and came across a guy that said he knew RC and that Ricky has a CRF450 that Honda spent tons of money on for testing purposes. Not sure if it is true or not? But Honda is probably gonna try to put as many people on the bike as they can. Yamaha should do the same thing. They only have Tim Ferry on the YZ426. At the supercross is phoenix he was the only one that I saw on a 426 the entire day. Maybe if they come out with the YZ450F next year they will try to put a few more guys on it.

Top Bottom