Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
June 3 , 2002

LaRocco back on track at Red Bud local race

Mike LaRocco raced for the first time since breaking his wrist in February at the Minneapolis Supercross. The Amsoil/Dr. Martens/Journeys/Factory Connection Honda rider won all three classes that he entered at a local race at Red Bud Track 'N Trail in Buchanan, Michigan, yesterday. LaRocco won the +25 A, +30 A and 250 A classes. According to some spectators at the event, LaRocco looked pretty good, even clearing his namesake jump on the national track. It is hoped that he will return to the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. National tour this weekend at Southwick. You can listen to that race live on Sunday, beginning at 12:30 p.m. EST, on www.mxnationals.com
from racer-x

Good to see him coming back, to bad the season will be ending by the time he gets up to speed. :(

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I'd say that if he ran 3 classes at RedBud and won them, He's probably going to come out smoken. There's some pretty fast riders at RB, and for him to go out and run 6 moto's, he can't be to far off his game plan :cool:
I hope.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
There is no comparing local Pro's and the top ten national guys not to mention RC :p I do hope to see the rock up to speed soon.

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
i dont realy care who knocks carmicheal off his little pedistole but he earned it so- but i hope the rock can take him just once.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Super Rat, I Know that most locals can't hold a candle to probably the slowest pros, but there is 1 or 2 OLD pros that run at Redbud that are dang fast. My point being, that ML has kept himself in shape somewhat, and probably isn't to far off the pace. :D

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
David Gaylord and John Grewe went 1-2 in both the 25+ and 30+ classes. Gaylord qualified for the 40 man main at Red Bud last year and goes pretty good there. LaRocco beat them both handily. The 250A class was actually not that strong on Sunday, though.

I think it says something for LaRocco's fitness that he ran six motos, and he hasn't been off the bike THAT long that his speed will have suffered too much. Of course, two 35 min. motos will be a different story. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Super Rat, I Know that most locals can't hold a candle to probably the slowest pros, but there is 1 or 2 OLD pros that run at Redbud that are dang fast. My point being, that ML has kept himself in shape somewhat, and probably isn't to far off the pace.

I'll say!!!! Your right and I was wrong :o

Top Bottom