JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My son, Jimbo, goes under the knife next week (hoops injury) and he leaves for the Baltic States at the end of September. So this is his last ride for two years. He wants to get in a good day at Muenster Saturday with all our friends. Hope to see a bunch of y'all out there. Large white man, large white van, etc. Probably park up front.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Stan Flemmings and myself will be there.

Took my bike in to get the weepy water pump seal replaced, will be curious to see if it really is fixed.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Let's try to get the big tree down at the bottom of the second gate road; nice and shady. I'm going to try to get there before 8; it's supposed to be cooler Saturday, so that will be nice. I'll have two sons with me this time, so two KTM 400s and the YZ. Should be a good group. I can't wait. My belly buton keeps puckering and un-puckering.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
UM Jim you might need to have that belly button thing looked at.... And I cannot believe you are letting one of your sons ride MY KTM (I wish)..

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I crashed my old 400 in the garage last night. I was setting the fuel screw, and I took a spin around the block at about 10:30 p.m. Coming back up the driveway, I noticed the sprinklers were on; I must have rolled through some water on the pavement. I rolled into the garage, not fast, but not slow, either; clicked it into neutral (I thought), and let go of the clutch to hit the kill button. But I had missed neutral and hit second, and I was picking up speed heading for the back wall. I hit the brakes, and the wet tires slipped on the painted garage floor, and I went down. Man, that floor is hard. Of course, I was just wearing jeans and a shirt, so my right knee and elbow are sore. Anybody ever have a worse crash in his garage?

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Jim dont feel bad... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously it could happen to anyone... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

No really you wont hear about that one forever.... My dad ran a car through the back of his dads garage when he was a kid. The best part is that he was doing a burn out half in the garage and half out when the car caught traction and out the back he went.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Actually, no I think you may have won this contest.

Years ago, would you believe 35 years ago! In Nashville TN, on rainy days, sometimes we would hold races in my Mom's full size basement, line up our Honda 50's and 65's and 70's, Bridgestones and one Yamaha 60, and race from one end of the basement to the other, the winner was not always the fastest, but the one that had enough guts to hold the throttle on longer, it is amazing that we did not punch holes in the cinderblock walls from slamming into it.

And if we did not get hurt enough doing that, we would hose down the slick concrete floor, put a good amount of laundry detergent on it, and have flat track races around the metal poles in the garage. And tell my Mom, we were scrubbing out the garage floor.

The garage/basement was not exactly large, probably 24 x 50, dang that was fun!

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Looks like my vacation caught up with me. I'll be at work tomorrow crunching numbers while you guys are out roosting. I love working for a living... Anyone hiring?

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Don't blame me, blame my job! I would rather be riding!

Jim, sorry to hear about your crash :) no, I really am! I had a bad crash like that but it was with me riding my xr250 into the back of my truck at my mom's house many years ago. I made it up the ramp but when I got off (I didn't kill it) the bike got kicked into gear and fell over on the right side, pinning it full throttle. I still have a scar on my leg from the burnout it did on me. Kids...

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Yes Jim I can... So everyone knows...

Yesterday I was loading my bike up after a good day of riding. I had WAY too much air pressure in my tires and it feel over going up the ramp the good news is that it had enough momentum to go ahead and make it all the way into the truck the bad news is the handlebars were hanging out the side and proceeded to leave a couple of nice racing stripes down the side of the bed.

So let this me a word of warning to everyone check those tires.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Harely... You of all people should know about tires and pressure! I mean, 3 flats in one day? :aj:

I can't believe you guys got to go ride. I was in my office watching a torrential downpour.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Keith... A very wise man (Jack Black) once said. "You are not hardcore unless you live hardcore and the story of the rent is way hardcore."

Ok so forget the rent part but you get the picture!!!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Me too! Me too!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Saturday was really nice. It was wet--very wet--in the morning, but that was lots of good fun. It started getting tacky early in the afternoon. Must have been perfect on Sunday.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
JMD said:
Must have been perfect on Sunday.

Correct you are! The temps were great, not much dust, no mud. :ride:

Stan got to try out a new 05 KTM 250 SX, and Roger was putting around on a new 05 KTM 450 EXC. :yeehaw:

And I am in love with my bike again, my suspension guy adjusted a few things on my front forks on Saturday (mostly it was the pinch bolts not set right), I can now stop complaining about them. :cool:

Top Bottom