duke

Oct 9, 1999
Upon removing the air filter for cleaning I noted that some slight debris (a few particles of dirt ) had entered the air boot, just before the carb opening. I will be removing the carb soon and inspect the manifold to see if any similar debris reached the cylinder. I am quite anal about greasing the edge of the filter and inspecting the fastners on both ends of the carb to prevent such delemmas. Should I try to inspect any further, or am I over reacting?

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
That's not a great spot for an air leak....name me a good spot right? Have you tried the greasless base air filters by Moose Racing? No grease required. They have a base made of neoprene and form a tight seal around the base. When I remove mine for cleaning, you can see where dirt surrounds the base but does not get any further. You can see the neoprene (super seal) has taken the shape of the base. No, no Wonder Twin powers were activated but after using it and seeing it with my own eyes, Uni, Twin Air, etc....are out. I will never use another filter. High Quality made in USA. Check them out on their website..... www.mooseracing.com

duke

Oct 9, 1999
I've deduced that it wasnt the air filter itself, but rather the bracket to whcih the filter cage affixes itself. I removed it, added some silcon sealer and remounted it. I read of this recommendation in artilce writtne by Freddtte himself. We will see if it fixes the problem

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom