Lou011

May 1, 2005
I am new to this forum so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place.
I just purchased a 1984 KDX200 for a few hundred bucks. It started right up when I looked at it and ran very strong, it just need to be cleaned up and maybe new plastic. After a thorough washing today I went to start it and I noticed when I turned on the gas petcock before I could kick it once, gas was pouring out of the carb. It appears to be coming from the bottom vent, and 2 side vents. None of these have any hoses attached. I have never seen anything like this. Does anyone no what is wrong and what I need to do to correct it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lou

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Your needle and seat assembly is not sealing properly. Pull the carb apart and give it a good cleaning. If the needle tip is worn then replace it. Be sure to check your float level. You'll be good to go.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I agree, chesck the fuel valve, but be aware that carb parts for the early 80's KDX are discontinued (Some Parts) you may be able to get after market parts, but worse case $250 for new CARB :bang: . But a good cleaning before you do that will not hurt. TTFN

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Rhodester nailed it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom