Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I have an uncle and some other relatives in the Lewiston/Clarkston area and am planning a visit out that way in the next year or two and am curious about the riding in the area. Anne and I plan to bring our dirt bikes when we come and would like to check out the local riding. I’ve always heard good things about the riding in Idaho, but most of what I heard has been down around Boise. Any local guys around Lewiston who know the area well and can fill us in? Any info is appreciated! :thumb:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
There is a track at the top of the Lewiston Grade, Summitt Raceway, that is pretty fun for a couple hours. North of Lewiston, about 50 or so miles, you can ride around the trail system that takes off from the Great White Pine campground. Pretty decent riding, not too difficult as far as skill level. If you want to go further north, you can go up to St. Maries and ride at the Christmas Hills rec area. Lots of trails thru there.

Let me know when you come up, because they are supposed to start coming out with maps of the trail system around the Great White Pine. I'll hook you up.

There's also a lot of riding to the south of Lewiston, but I don't get that way much. Mac's Cycle in Clarkston should have a good bunch of contacts for that.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Thank yo very much, XR Predator...we will definitely look you up when we come out. It could be later this year, but probably '05. But we will be coming for sure one way or another.

sanger

Jan 26, 2004
wow great riding in idaho wallace, canfield idaho city and even boise the sawtooth mtns and baumgartner campgrounds iron mtn upper and lower skellton are killer

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
There's some really really awesome riding just North of Lewiston by about 80 miles in Clearwater county. Head up the Clearwater River on highway 12 and when you get to Orofino turn left and go up Grangmont Road towards Pierce and Headquarters. The NorthFork of the Clearwater River has some wicked riding. Let me know when you get ready to come over I can steer ya in the right direction. I grew up in Pierce and we could leave the backyard and ride for days it was great. XR predator I'm guessing your from pretty close to Lewiston?? I used to race St Maries Cross Country race at Christmas hills every year. Also used to race Kendrick and Johnsons Mill. When we werent doing that we'd be up at Clarkia tearing up the Fossil Bowl. I just returned to Spokane after a 4 year military tour overseas and I can't wait for the snow to thaw.. I'm picking up a brand new KX250 in a few weeks (not from Scams Cycle in Clarkston) and will making it a Woods Machine.....Can't wait to race the great NW again.... BTW if you ever see a flying parachute thing up around Summit Racetrack or anywhere in the Valley that's either me or my dad.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey Bob, Anne, be sure to let Bbbom and I know when you're here! We know northern ID (Wallace, Magee, Canfield, St. Maries) better than farther south but I've been to White Pine a few years ago and as I recall, it was pretty decent.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
We will definitely look you guys up and plan on riding with you while we are out that way. I am pretty sure we can get the relatives to watch the baby for a while, so that should be a non-issue. Bob has always wanted to ride out that way, so I guess we will start planning as soon as we get our act together. Besides, I am always a little jealous when I read your posts--not only because you have other women to ride with, but it just sounds like riding heaven!! I will definitely look forward to it! Thanks!

Top Bottom